Pepin Mustard Crusted Chicken w/video

High Cheese

Saucier
I caught this episode over the weekend which easily decided my dinner on Sunday. Googling the recipe, I found that you can watch full episodes on KQED.com. :thumb:

the chicken was EXCELLENT! The red wine pan sauce was a great touch too. I used a Cali Merlot, never knew how well chicken and reds went together. You should have pretty much everything right in your pantry. I made the recipe exactly as written except for one thing. After 30 minutes I applied a little more of the mustard mixture and placed it back into the oven for 7 more minutes. The chicken was soooo tender, it's definately going to be a rerun. I also used rosemary roasted new potatoes.

The best part is the cooking method. You can change the flavors how you like, but the method makes quick work out of a whole chicken. I have done them on a grill this way but never knew it was this eaasy in an oven.

http://www.kqed.org/w/morefastfoodmyway/episode204.html

pugger

I did this same recipe, even bought new poultry shears to trim the chicken. They've run the show a couple of times. Didn't think about re-applying the mustard that sounds like it would have been a good idea:idea:.

High Cheese

Saucier
Yeah, I had some leftover since I don't measure squat. lol I still need some decent shears, I've been getting by with my chefs knife with little difficulty.