Who said Disco is Dead???

Lefty

Yank
Disco tune saves man's life

Debra Bader was taking a walk in the woods with her 53-year-old husband one morning when suddenly he collapsed. At first she thought the situation was hopeless.
art.bader.cpr.jpg
Debra Bader was prompted to perform CRP on her husband, Christopher, after recalling a public service ad.

corner_wire_BL.gif

"I looked at him and said, 'He's dead,' because he wasn't moving or making any sounds at all," Bader remembers. "But I pulled the cell phone out of his pocket and called 911, and then a public service announcement I'd heard on the radio popped into my head."
The one-minute PSA from the American Heart Association instructed listeners, in the event of cardiac arrest, to perform chest compressions very hard to the beat of the 1970s Bee Gees song "Staying Alive." When someone suffers cardiac arrest, as pop singer Michael Jackson did last week, the heart stops functioning completely, and brain death begins within four to six minutes if the victim doesn't receive help.
"I sang the song and gave directions to the EMTs at the same time. It was like, 'Stayin' alive, stayin' alive -- take a right here, take a left here -- Stayin' alive, stayin' alive -- take this path down here -- Stayin' alive, stayin' alive,' " Bader remembers.
For 15 minutes Bader, who had never taken a CPR class, pumped her husband's chest until the ambulance arrived and the EMTs delivered a shock to his heart with a defibrillator. Christopher Bader survived, but 95 percent of people who go into cardiac arrest die before they get to the hospital.

Source CNN.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This is sooo cool! I can't wait for someone to .....uh.....give me chance to practice.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
It really is because it gives people that song to keep in their head to keep them doing the compressions fast enough.

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm with ya, sush.

have we learned nothing from history???

the great disco scare of the late 70's should never happen again. nie. NIE!!!