Black Olives

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Hello all! I've got a question....My dear departed Italian MIL used to make chicken cacciatore with vinegar & black olives. I so wish I had her teach me how to make it but alas, no such luck. Does anyone have a similar recipe? I've looked online but nothing matches what she did :(

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, RM, I hope someone comes up with the recipe, but if not, would you please post a link to one that is close to your MIL's? That dish sounds fantastic!

What kind of vinegar you think she used?

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have no recipe but i am thinking balsamic vinegar and kalamata olives

or the same olives with white(or any color)vinegar in the mix

my cacciatore is simple, similar to this one depending on what ingredients i have..i usually cut up a whole chicken for the recipe.

if you cant find a good one google Hunter Style Chicken

"Chicken with Vinegar" is a very popular/old-school Italian recipe, & olives are more times than not one of the ingredients.

If I were you, I'd do a websearch for "Italian Vinegar Chicken with Olives", or variations of same. I'm sure you'll find something that closely resembles what your MIL used to make.

Leni

What was in the recipe that you can recall? That might narrow things down a bit. I agree with Bam that it was probably a basamic vinegar but kalmata olives are Greek. I'd be more inclined to use black olvies from an Italian market.