NCT's Iron Chef Battle 23: Battle Cheese

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Keltin hasn't posted in a couple of days, so I ran the random number generator for him again. It came up #4.

For Iron Chef 21, the secret ingredient is……..

Cheese!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Cheese in some way.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Cheese begin!

FryBoy

Guaranteed to be much better than it sounds.

Eggplant Enchiladas
:

2 tablespoons butter
1½ pounds eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 4-ounce can diced chilies
2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
plain yogurt for garnish
chopped cilantro for garnish

1. Melt butter in skillet and sauté egg plant and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.

2. Add onion and green pepper, cook 10 minutes more.

3. Add chilies, 1½ cups cheese, and salt and pepper to skillet, and mix well.

4. Heat enchilada sauce until steamy in small frying pan. Dip a tortilla in sauce until soft; spoon a 12 of the vegetable th mixture down center and roll to enclose filling. Arrange seam side down in a greased 9" by 13" pan. Repeat with each tortilla.

5. Cover all with remaining sauce and cheese.

6. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes at 350° (if cold, baked, covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncovered 20 minutes).

7. Serve with yogurt and chopped cilantro on the side.

Attachments

• Eggplant Enchiladas #10.jpg
    Eggplant Enchiladas #10.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 664

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pizza

Bread dough topped with sauce, herbs and spices, grated romano and parmesan cheeses, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, sliced peppers, cooked crumbled Italian sausage and ripped basil leaves.

pizza_101209_1_P1040417.JPG

pizza_101209_2_P1040419.JPG

pizza_101209_3_P1040423.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
wow barb!! can't go wrong with cheddar and bacon!! a little thicker and put some of that over a baked tater!! yummy

homecook

wow barb!! can't go wrong with cheddar and bacon!! a little thicker and put some of that over a baked tater!! yummy

Actually it's a pretty thick soup. If you wanted it thicker just cook it a little longer and don't add any additional milk.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Guaranteed to be much better than it sounds.

Eggplant Enchiladas:

2 tablespoons butter
1½ pounds eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 4-ounce can diced chilies
2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
2 10-ounce cans enchilada sauce
12 corn tortillas
plain yogurt for garnish
chopped cilantro for garnish

1. Melt butter in skillet and sauté egg plant and garlic until soft, about 15 minutes.

2. Add onion and green pepper, cook 10 minutes more.

3. Add chilies, 1½ cups cheese, and salt and pepper to skillet, and mix well.

4. Heat enchilada sauce until steamy in small frying pan. Dip a tortilla in sauce until soft; spoon a 12 of the vegetable th mixture down center and roll to enclose filling. Arrange seam side down in a greased 9" by 13" pan. Repeat with each tortilla.

5. Cover all with remaining sauce and cheese.

6. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes at 350° (if cold, baked, covered with foil for 20 minutes, then uncovered 20 minutes).

7. Serve with yogurt and chopped cilantro on the side.

YAY!! A new (to me) eggplant recipe!!

Copied and saved - thanks, Doug! It looks magnificent!

I will garnish with some sliced avocado, black olives, and green onions.

Lee

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just a tiny entry for now...apple cheddar toasts with sausage garnish

Octoberdining059.jpg

Used a biscuit cutter to cut rounds of sliced italian bread. Added grated cheddar, apples sauteed in butter and bourbon, and topped with a biased cut slice of chicken apple sausage. Baked for 5 minutes.

chowhound

Those look like great appetizers, Vera. What was your oven set at? They look like they crisped up very well.
And it gives me a reason to buy a bottle of bourbon!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The oven was set at 350. I did toast the bread first, before I added the cheese. The 5 minute bake was just to heat the chicken sausage, which is already cooked when you buy it. The smell of the apples and bourbon in the pan was magnificent.

chowhound

Thanks. That would explain the well toasted look ;^)
I might have a problem locating that sausage around here, but no matter. This is on my todo list.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
RATZ !!
Homecook beat me to the Cheddar Soup............

I'll be back.............................

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
TY HC....
I imagine I could, but
But I strive toward variety here, so I'll move along and hypnotize y'all with sumthin' else

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe your recipe is better LT, hard to beat Homecook's but give us a chance to compare.

homecook

Thanks Ray, we're not trying to beat anyone........share and share alike.

I'd really like to see yours LT.