What have you eaten NCT - Sunday 7/29/2018 to Saturday 8/4/2018?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Mac and cheese using odds and ends of cheeses that get thrown in a bag in the freezer, plus spinach salad with warm bacon dressing.

Attachments

• 2018-08-02 19.01.08.jpg
    2018-08-02 19.01.08.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 120

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Shrimps in White Clam Sauce over Angel Hair, and the Salad, Drenched w/ Thousand Island ...

IMG_5611.jpg

Shrimp in White Clam Sauce over Angel Hair.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
That looks great Lucky.
I'm going to have some of those lovely green beans for lunch.
Dinner-- imma going to DQ for a burger, onion rings and an Orange Julius.
Mmmhmmm!

Johnny West

I wanted to grill steaks - got outvoted - the mrs wants to make gluten free pizza with cauliflower crust and I have gluten free beer. Oh, well.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner will depend on how my stomach feels and joint pain level at dinner time.
DD's both have other plans at the moment.

If all goes well I will make chili over brown rice.

If not it will be Pastina and eggs (comfort food for me). Hub can share or he can make himself something.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner will depend on how my stomach feels and joint pain level at dinner time.
DD's both have other plans at the moment.

If all goes well I will make chili over brown rice.

If not it will be Pastina and eggs (comfort food for me). Hub can share or he can make himself something.

Turns out DD brought home TV dinners.

Embryodad

Simply "Simple Supper!"

Fried Cubed Zucchini with Macaroni; with just a hint of a microplaned garlic spear at the end of cooking the zucchini. No spices; just salt, the splash of cooking oil, and a 1/2 cup of the macaroni water that I saved.

IMG_1087 (640x640).jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
me & my joel (my bestie) have an addiction to wings & p'rogies ( i'll get half kraut & then cheese ones, too), & garlic-butter/pam wings, as well-- on different nites, tho-- couldn't ingest all of that in 1 nite; that would take 5 & then a few if my babs took half--

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Today's dinner- - I'm going to make b/s chicken breast in some fashion, corn and salads.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Hmm I'm going to do the chicken in the fashion of Monterey style..sorta..
Swiss added to melt on top, with tri-colour chopped bell peppers.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's dinner was Pan-seared Pork Loin Cutlets, Glazed Carrots and White Rice, w/ a Simple Macaroni Salad..... Cuervo hid my camera..... again !

Chicken Breasts were the Warden's responsibility ; I'll try one this evening.......:lucky::lucky::lucky:

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Simply "Simple Supper!"

Fried Cubed Zucchini with Macaroni; with just a hint of a microplaned garlic spear at the end of cooking the zucchini. No spices; just salt, the splash of cooking oil, and a 1/2 cup of the macaroni water that I saved.

View attachment 27965

We make something similar with the addition of onion, thick sliced mushrooms, and a can of diced tomatoes, with some dried basil.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I guess a group of us are going out to eat tonight, possibly tomorrow night as well.
I'll get to that chicken sooner or later :dizzy::yum:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
um, change-- my joel brought me pasta (ravioli w/ clam sauce & parm)-- & a 12-pk. of leinenkugel's-- & bread, that me & babs partook in, as well as my joel--

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
LT, I just saw these beautiful crabcakes!

Did you buy or make them? If the latter, have you posted the recipe for them on NCT somewhere?

Lee

Since the dramatic life changer, I've been surviving mostly from frozen entree's - these came from the frozen seafood section at Giant, and I'll have to give you the brand name later, as I can't remember it offhand...

They were great, and easy...

My Shrimp & Crab Cake recipe is close to these... you could basically leave out the shrimp, and you would have these...

http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29002&highlight=crab+shrimp+cakes

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We dined ridiculously late at a place called Sullivan's.
I had rib eye, baked potato and the house salad.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's good that you're spending time with family right now, Lucky.
You'll feel like cooking for 1 again soon enough.
After I lost Steve, I did the same really.
Ate fast food, Indian take out a lot if I ate
at all.
I think I felt guilty doing anything normal for a while. That's part of the process when you're grieving.
:smile: :heart:

That said, I'm taking a wait and see approach for dinner tonight.
Not sure if the kids (oldest son and grandie) still want to go out for dinner or if I'll be here making the previously planned dinner for myself and DIL.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
The chili turned out good. I had to use a red bell because I forgot I used the green bell.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I must have said this before, but I love the flavor combination of grilled ham steak, mashed potatoes and yellow beans. Since I haven't been able to find yellow beans for years in the markets, I grow them. Excellent producing plants!

I also grilled some homegrown Shushito peppers, and had a tomato-burrata salad.

Very fast, very easy, very delicious dinner!

Note: I use Simply Potatoes, which are the best thing to happen to busy homecooks! The chives are from my garden, though. :brows:

Lee

Attachments

• Ham dinner.JPG
    Ham dinner.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 95

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I must have said this before, but I love the flavor combination of grilled ham steak, mashed potatoes and yellow beans. Since I haven't been able to find yellow beans for years in the markets, I grow them. Excellent producing plants!

I also grilled some homegrown Shushito peppers, and had a tomato-burrata salad.

Very fast, very easy, very delicious dinner!

Note: I use Simply Potatoes, which are the best thing to happen to busy homecooks! The chives are from my garden, though. :brows:

Lee
Looks wonderful Lee.

What's on top of the burrata?

I love to pan fry smoked ham steak or smoked pork chops and then sauté bitter greens (kale, rocket etc.) in the fond and serve with mashed potatoes.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
waking to pain meds seem to blur my mind mildly, tho, not to where i'll ferget stuff i've not chosen to say-- as in, 'Mom, i may be pregnant' (i took a test-- fret not; my Mom isn't gonna have that nervous breakdown she has said she shall have since my toddling phase 4 many things)-- that kinda thing-- i vaguely know that i've spoken to my brother/Mom/best pal while he brang me my pabst/& that i sent sent my she-best pal a msg.--
so garlic wings & some other, kinda-vague food items-- i'm kinda sure that they were food, anyhow, & i'm alive~~

Last edited:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, that breast got a tad over-done, on the dry side... so Plan B.....
Shredded the chicken and drowned it in Sweet Baby Ray's.....

Chicken, Shredded with BBQ Sauce.jpg