BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
on the menu today .. 3 fatty's

1 italian turkey sausage with lots of garlic

s4ut94.jpg

rolled and ready for the freezer to firm up

174mqp.jpg

2 "pizza" fatties, green peppers,green onions,mozza cheese,salami and garlic.. no sauce inside, going to
have it on the side when all cooked

jpx3jb.jpg

the ingredients inside

29p45cw.jpg

the 2nd - ingredients laid out a little differently

33vyptt.jpg

all rolled up and ready to firm up in the freezer.. cooking pics to follow in a couple of hours

245aiwl.jpg

Constance

DH smokes fatties, and I love them! What's cool is you can just use anything you happen to have on hand. He did one with cream cheese, sliced olives and mushrooms that was awfully good.

I was thinking of what other combos would be good:
Hashed brown potatoes, bacon and cheddar cheese...well-drained pineapple chunks, chopped ham and Swiss cheese...sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chopped salami and mozzarella cheese...what else can y'all think of?

GrillinFool

Gonna do fatties on Sat. I've never done the ziplock bag trick. I've always just rolled them out on wax paper. Haven't decided on the ingredients yet. This is a request from someone so one will likely be my old stand by - Sage sausage with garlic, onion. black pepper and asiago mixed into the meat. Then I stuff it with white cheddar...Simple but comes out great.

The other, I don't know. I like the pizza fatty idea. Particularly since it sounds like it would make for great sammiches later on....Gotta think on that one. First 80 degree day of the season, so I want to take some time and get some good smokin in. I also want to see if my mods will work....

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the choice of fatty ingredients in unlimited

Gyro on a stick Fatty
028.jpg

Calzone fatty
100_3542.jpg

bacon egg and cheese fatty

21dh5wm.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
WOW, those look really good!! Probably kill me, but, I would die happy!! LOL
Not what I thinking when I saw fatties though.:whistling::yum:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
maybe your ISP blocks tinypic or something... this is the first time i have ever had anybody with probs seeing my pics.. give me a couple of minutes and i will put them into my photobucket account so you can see them

GrillinFool

Did two fatties last night

1, sage sausage mixed with garlic, black pepper and asiago and then stuffed with havarti and dusted with granulated garlic

2, regular sausage mixed with the same stuff as the above, then stuffed with lightly cooked yellow pepper chunks and white corn sliced off the cob and some cheddar cheese.

Both came out really good. Smoked them with apricot wood. Also did smoked beans. I'll try to have the write up on the site in a day or two...

Guts

I have to admit I have never heard of the fatty before but these do look good and the combination's would be endless.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I agree Guts. :thumb: I'm going to have to try one soon!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Making and smoking a fatty has been on my bucket list for years and I'm seriously considering cooking one this weekend, along with my brisket point and some ribs.

Thinking about Italian sausage, stuffed with diced jalapenos, cream cheese, and fried bacon. Then wrapping the whole thing in a bacon weave before smoking. Sort of a twist on an ABT.

BBQ guy, Ross, Johnny ... anyone .... have you ever made fattys? I know I have to take it to an internal temp of 160.

One guy says to smoke the stuffed roll without the bacon weave for the 1st hour, then wrap the weave around the sausage and put back in the smoker.

Another guy says to wrap the fatty in the bacon weave and throw the whole thing on the smoker at once. I can see benefits to both ways.

Doesn't this look GOOOOOOOD?????? http://www.smoking-meat.com/january-2010-bacon-wrapped-stuffed-sausage-fatty

Lee

Johnny West

No, never thought to do it and would have a hard time handling the hot sausage.

Heck, I never made a beer can chicken till last summer and never made another.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No, never thought to do it and would have a hard time handling the hot sausage.

Heck, I never made a beer can chicken till last summer and never made another.

I'm going to use Jimmy Dean's bulk sausage, I think. Or sweet Italian.

Beer can chicken is a fun conversation piece, and it IS moist, but not my favorite way of cooking chicken.

Lee

Johnny West

I wasn't too impressed either and one doesn't need beer, a can of water will do.

My favorite is to spatchcock a chicken and cook on the side of the grill with some cherry and alder for smoke. That requires a thread of it's own.

I like Bob Evans or Jimmy Dean, that's all I get.