NCT'S Iron Chef 11: Battle Chicken

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
For Iron Chef 11, the secret ingredient is……..

Chicken!

As with the other ICs, this is a challenge to ourselves. There is no judging, and no winner. We are ALL winners in this since we will all benefit from the creativity and new recipes that this challenge will bring us.

The rules are simple, make any kind of dish you want, however you want. Drink, Appetizer, Main Course, Dessert, etc. The only stipulation is that you must use Chicken in some way in the dish.

Once your dish is ready, it’s a good idea to make a new post with your recipe. Then, post a link and a picture of your recipe to this thread. Alternatively, if you like, post your recipe and pictures here. In the end, we will compile all the results into one thread for easy searching.

Now, let Battle Chicken begin!

2uz9d2h.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
To be honest I don't think I've ever seen a piece of chicken that looked even half as good as that piece. All I can say is "WOW"!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
A nice slice of garlic bread and that plate.......:w00t2:! Nice job Keltin!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Pomodoro Over Polenta (with sauteed dandelion greens)
Julydinners070.jpg

Julydinners071.jpg

Julydinners074.jpg

Julydinners073.jpg

My son stopped by and shared dinner with me. I saved a double portion for Lou.
The pots and pans are soaking in the sink:whistling:...here we go again.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, looks marvelous...beautiful placement of the strands. Believe it or not, it's actually an issue for food photographers. Every strand has to be tucked in.

SilverSage, that is lovely..reminds me of winter and pot pies.

Is no one making fried chicken???

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Chicken Pomodoro Over Polenta (with sauteed dandelion greens)
Julydinners070.jpg

Julydinners071.jpg

Julydinners074.jpg

Julydinners073.jpg

My son stopped by and shared dinner with me. I saved a double portion for Lou.
The pots and pans are soaking in the sink:whistling:...here we go again.
that looks fantastic vera!! i want the greens and all!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Well, lilbopeep, my son didn't touch his...but I did notice him sliding them onto Lou's plate...but, since Lou won't be back till Friday perhaps you can jack his..?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well, lilbopeep, my son didn't touch his...but I did notice him sliding them onto Lou's plate...but, since Lou won't be back till Friday perhaps you can jack his..?
LOL yummy!! how did you treat the greens and the polenta? and the recipe for the awsome looking chicken!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama, what did you serve with that chicken?? It looks fantastic!

Thanks Vera...coming from you that is a REAL compliment! I served it with scalloped potatoes, mustard greens and corn on the cob along with biscuits. Yours looks delicious! I am a big fan of Italian food. Did you post the recipe? I'd love to try it!

Thanks SS! We're big chicken eaters too so I won't mind trying your second recipe as well as your first. They both look scrumptious!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
it would be nice to have the sides also defined also because some of them look just as wonderful and interesting as the featured ingredient!!