Din-Din for Saturday 31 Jan 09??????

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum: Oh, I keep thinking how pissed the old people would be back at the old place for desecrating the almighty daily dinner header. What great fun.

Anyway, I've already got a 8 qt pot of Italian Wedding Soup cooking, that went on the fire at 0600. The buzzer just went off so it's time to shape the Italian bread loaves and get the oven preheated to bake them. I think it will be a big day in Doughy Joey's kitchen today. I also hope to get that strudel made before the apples go bad.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I liked changing the title of the tread too......:thumb:

The first course tonight is stuffed portobello mushrooms stuffed with feta, spinach and croutons made from my previously made cranberry walnut yeast bread. I'll make a lemon and oregano viniagrette to serve over that.

Dinner is homemade linguine with a light pink sauce with lobster, mussels, clams and shrimp, topped with an herb and cheese gremolata.

Key lime pie for dessert.

Got a great scotch for cocktail hour....and while some may scold me for not serving white with dinner, the wine will most likely be a pinot noir or zin.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Boston's Saturday night tradition: (Pearl) hot dogs and (Bush) baked beans.

I gotta make a batch of homemade Boston Baked Beans while it's still cold enough to have the oven on half the day.

Lee

smoke king

Banned
Tonite is the first in a long stretch of family birthdays - I am not hosting so I don't know what will be served. My contribution will be a Boston Cream Pie.

chowhound

I cleared all the snow off my Jeep from the past few days in case I make a run into the store today, so this may change, but I was thinking wienies and beans, too. I'll chunk up some Smith's hot dogs, bacon, onions and saute them in EVOO, then dump in a can of Bush's Country style beans and let it simmer down. Served on top of some slices of bread. With a little catsup on top.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I cleared all the snow off my Jeep from the past few days in case I make a run into the store today, so this may change, but I was thinking wienies and beans, too. I'll chunk up some Smith's hot dogs, bacon, onions and saute them in EVOO, then dump in a can of Bush's Country style beans and let it simmer down. Served on top of some slices of bread. With a little catsup on top.

Me and DW love Smith's Hot Dogs. For years we depended on out next door neighbor to bring them back from Erie with him (works at the Erie Sports Store), and we affectionately referred to them as "Erie Dogs." Fortunately, we can now get them here on the East side of Cleveland. They are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

buckytom

Grill Master
greenie, i'd like to know how they make thier mushroom potato hash that goes with the pork chop. also, how about the pinot noir glaze. could you ask your friend?

i would have ordered the rack of lamb at this time of year. by april, i'd get the trout.

so many things sound good from their menu.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Going to the store today, so most likely something with a large amount of beef...

lilylove

Boston's Saturday night tradition: (Pearl) hot dogs and (Bush) baked beans.

I gotta make a batch of homemade Boston Baked Beans while it's still cold enough to have the oven on half the day.

Lee

Gonna have some good canned bread with it?? Yummy!!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Ok, change of plans. The wife was so impressed with the muffaletta I made the other night that she wants one for dinner tonight.

lilylove

Ditto 2
going out with friends tonight but I don't think it includes dinner...just music and drinks.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We are having some porter house steaks bought out Kroger's today. Got 18 - 2" thick steaks out of it. My wife and I will split one for dinner tonight the rest is in the freezer. Haven't decided what we are doing tomorrow but probably the Buffalo wings, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, baked beans and chips and dips. Not sure till later how many will be here for the game.

homecook

I'm thinking ds and I will go to Outback and use his gc he got for being "Employee of the Month". Dh is out playing cards......so he fends for himself. lol

Barb

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I love the look of the two resturants listed. Those are really interesting menus. I want to get more into fish but need to go somewhere where they cook it well.

We had roast beef today with roast potatoes carrots & peas. I got the roast just perfect - half way between where DW likes it (all brown) and where I like it mostly pink. Made sure I did it on temperatures & it really worked.

chowhound

That's gotta be tough, Ray.... different likes for doneness. Sounds like you're getting the hang of it (lol).
Hey, do you guys get the Superbowl? Live?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry I missed that it was a question directed at Ray and not for all. DUH