How do you make more sauce?

Derek

Banned
Ok, Before you guys & gals giggle about the title Please read the whole post even if I have poor grammar.

Ok, I want to make my bbq sauce in a BIG batch enough for 1 month of use, Or about 5 bottles of the stuff?

I would put it in a canning jar something a little bigger then what Jeff did with his hot sauces but not much bigger.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If your original recipe makes one bottle, just multiply each of the ingredients by 5 and put it in a big stock pot. If you need help, post the recipe here and someone will adjust it for you.

Derek

Banned
If your original recipe makes one bottle, just multiply each of the ingredients by 5 and put it in a big stock pot. If you need help, post the recipe here and someone will adjust it for you.
Thank you Mama, And yes it will make about 1 liter of sauce when it's all boiled down.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If you are planning on canning it, you won't need to refrigerate it. If you don't have experience with canning, you may just want to refrigerate it. Have you ever canned anything before?

Derek

Banned
If you are planning on canning it, you won't need to refrigerate it. If you don't have experience with canning, you may just want to refrigerate it. Have you ever canned anything before?
No I haven't but my mama has.

I may have her help me with the canning part.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Vegetables, meat and game, poultry, seafood, soups, stews, tomato-vegetable sauces and tomato-meat sauces are all Low Acid Foods. All Low Acid Foods must be "heat processed" in a pressure canner to eliminate the risk of botulism.

Fruits, fruit juices, jams, jellies and other fruit spreads, pickles, relish, salsa, chutney and tomatoes with added acid are all High Acid Foods. All High Acid Foods must be "heat processed" in a boiling water canner.

also when there is a little bit of oil in a sauce, botchulism likes to breed in that.

just better safe than sorry

http://www.homecanning.com/can/ALStepbyStep.asp?ST=6

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
If you are planning on using it in a month or so, you won't need to can it. It should last fine for a couple of months if it's refrigerated.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I tend to buy mine ready made though I've made it in small batches for a given dish. My favorite is KC Original but there are others I've tried and liked as well.

Derek

Banned
If you are planning on using it in a month or so, you won't need to can it. It should last fine for a couple of months if it's refrigerated.
Thanks mama, I would probably be using one every other month mostly.

I tend to buy mine ready made though I've made it in small batches for a given dish. My favorite is KC Original but there are others I've tried and liked as well.
Tank you Joe, But I really really the recipe I came up with.

"I will not give out the final recipe"