Dinner, Wednesday, June 1st

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got gazpacho on the brain today, so I'm thinking of having cheese enchiladas and some gazpacho.

What's everyone else having?

K

Kimchee

Grilled Flat iron steak fajitas with peppers, onions and avocado slices.
Gonna grill some butter garlic zucchini too!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DH is on vacation this week so we didn't get up until 9:30 so we just finished having brunch a couple of hours ago :lol: I think I'll get some rib eyes out of the freezer to fix on the grill. Maybe baked potatoes and some mustard greens from the garden.

Nancy-MD

Everyone's got some good ideas for supper tonight. I've got cube steaks thawing and I think I'm going to make chicken fried steak with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and some of the broccoli we picked from our garden yesterday.

Embryodad

Not anything to write home about.
DW bought me a Arby's roast ham on wheat grain bread. I added my own mayo (I hate theirs) and it was refreshing and great.
She ate 1/4 of the sammie.

I am whipping up a batch of meatballs, and I will fry them to eat as snacks, or to add into tomato sauce for tomorrow.

The waffles never materialized, but the batter is great and we can have waffles tomorrow. DW has a 11:30 Dr. appointment so that shoots the day for her.
We were on Tornado alert but that never happened, and not one drop of rain. Maybe a shower tonight...I Dunno!!!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm sauteing garden tomatoes, basil and mushrooms to toss with whole wheat pasta. I'm up for a caesar salad, too.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Hub needed root canal and I sat outside in the car waiting for 2 hours!! I hate sitting in waiting rooms with lousy muzak! It was 90F and I think it was humidity 90%!! LOL Well needless to say I DIDN'T want to cook. So I ordered chinese. I had 4 small BBQ ribs, 1 egg roll and a small bit of pork fried rice.

I think my stuffy allergy sinus problem has moved to my ears because now my one ear is aching and the other is very stuffy.

Nancy-MD

Jimmy, your meatballs are going to make a tasty snack!

Vera, I love veggies and pasta. Your supper sounds great.

Peep, glad you didn't cook today since you were probably in a pretty rotten mood by the time your hubs got out of the dentist's today. Hope you're feeling nice and cool now. Sorry about the earaches.

Tonight's supper was chicken fried steak with milk gravy, garlic smashed baby red potatoes, and steamed broccoli that was picked from my garden.

Attachments

• chicken fried steak and homegrown broccoli 001.jpg
    chicken fried steak and homegrown broccoli 001.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 104

cookingirl

had last of potato salad and chicken/apple sausages from TJ's--not bad
skin tuff though...w docs for datermelon and ice cream for dessert--snuck in some chocolate too....
bad day at eye doc's for dad....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peep, glad you didn't cook today since you were probably in a pretty rotten mood by the time your hubs got out of the dentist's today. Hope you're feeling nice and cool now. Sorry about the earaches.

Tonight's supper was chicken fried steak with milk gravy, garlic smashed baby red potatoes, and steamed broccoli that was picked from my garden.
YUMMY Nan!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Nan...that's beautiful! I ended up not cooking. We went furniture shopping and then went by Costco for a few things so I picked a rotisserie chicken. We had that and salad.

Embryodad

Hub needed root canal and I sat outside in the car waiting for 2 hours!! I hate sitting in waiting rooms with lousy muzak! It was 90F and I think it was humidity 90%!! LOL Well needless to say I DIDN'T want to cook. So I ordered chinese. I had 4 small BBQ ribs, 1 egg roll and a small bit of pork fried rice.

I think my stuffy allergy sinus problem has moved to my ears because now my one ear is aching and the other is very stuffy.
Hope Hub feels better..and you too peep with that ear.

Don't forget the Italian Remedy with the salt in a white sock, and heat it in the oven, and then lay on it with the ear that hurts. It will draw the pain and the moisture out of the ear. Not Too Hot! Just warm. Then plug up with loose cotton.It always worked for me, and for my kids.

Embryodad

W@ow...that broc looks fabulous kid.

I could taste the earth just by looking at it. The rest looks great too!

Embryodad

Oh Nan...that's beautiful! I ended up not cooking. We went furniture shopping and then went by Costco for a few things so I picked a rotisserie chicken. We had that and salad.
Mama..sometimes ya just gotta take a break, and let someone else do the cooking.
Y O U Deserve it as well as all the womens and men out there slaving over the cookin stove.

K

Kimchee

Here's my Flat Iron Fajita Taco, with some Spanish rice!

Attachments

• FlatIronFajitaTaco2011.jpg
    FlatIronFajitaTaco2011.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 93

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Kimchee...that looks really good and so does the picture!

Embryodad

Here's my Flat Iron Fajita Taco, with some Spanish rice!
WOWZA!!!
The meal looks great..an an an and what the heck are those neat holders for the shells. Neat!...I've never seen them before. I gotta get a couple of those.
? Clue where to get some?? and what are they called??

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Kimchee, the taco(s) are very nice!
Like the holders too.
Nice shot!

Yummy Nancy.:applause:

I made another trip to the market deli today before work and got some neptune salad and a couple of pickled eggs with beets and took the leftover focaccia with me.

Embryodad

Oh My!... I ate some snack Meatballs... They were not bad.
See..I cooked them the way DW was wishing for them. With bread...and lots of bread.
Fried that is ok, because they toast up nice and crisp1
Now these are not your regular Balls, and as a matter of fact, they are finger food, shaped special; and we always set them out for just picking up and munching like that.
Mom would set out a dish of grated Romano Cheese, and we would just sometimes dip the meatball in that. Or some nice fresh hot tomato sauce to dip them in.....

They are great cooked in soup after they are fried...

Here they are, and I must have gommed down at least 8 of them. DW had two as she was half asleep on the fart chair (as I Call It)...LOL...( The Recliner )

Just set in the hot oil....nice and cute like little piggies.

2586d2b5.jpg

Just ready to come out of the pan...being careful not to burn them, and moving them around constantly is the trick.
Nice and Golden Crispy crusty brown!!

a97b9b30.jpg

7a3ab181.jpg

When I was a youngster, my Grandmom used to fry me like a bag of 25 of these, and I kept them in between the seat in the car, and munched on them as I drove.

I call it "Stuffin Yer Face!" :smile:

K

Kimchee

Trade you a couple taco holders for a dozen meatballs....

The taco stands are great little devices from Tupperware!

And I have to agree, that's a good picture. Back in the day of
film and manual cameras, I took pictures like that all the time...
but since I haven't shelled out yet for an SLR style digital and have
to work with "auto focus" (pffffffffft), well, it's hard to selectively focus
sometimes. ;) (Isnt that a SUPERB excuse??? I thought so, LOLOLOLOL!)

Embryodad, I used to bread and fry a few dozen chicken gizzards for road food.
Gas mileage got too bad, had to stop. (weight gain, ya know?) ;)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Gazpacho and Miguel's Jalapeno White Sauce:

GazpachoandMiguelsJalapenoWhiteSauce.jpg

The gazpacho was made with (from greatest to least amounts, no real recipe): V-8, roma tomatoes, celery, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, red wine vinegar, evoo, seasoning salt, and topped with diced avocado. Normally I add some croutons and a little sour cream to the top, but with the jalapeno sauce and chips, I decided to skip that.

The jalapeno sauce is great, and I'm planning to use it on some chicken enchiladas or chicken in some way, don't really know just yet.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Gazpacho and Miguel's Jalapeno White Sauce:

GazpachoandMiguelsJalapenoWhiteSauce.jpg

The gazpacho was made with (from greatest to least amounts, no real recipe): V-8, roma tomatoes, celery, cucumber, red onion, cilantro, red wine vinegar, evoo, seasoning salt, and topped with diced avocado. Normally I add some croutons and a little sour cream to the top, but with the jalapeno sauce and chips, I decided to skip that.

The jalapeno sauce is great, and I'm planning to use it on some chicken enchiladas or chicken in some way, don't really know just yet.
That looks really good!! YUMMY

Embryodad

That looks really good!! YUMMY
LQQKS GREAT!
Nuthin like your own made fresh..with no heavy chemicals.

Love the soup bowl with the handle. We have brown ones someplace in this house hiding amongst all the tupperware and attic collections of stuff...LOL