Tips on making good coffee

calcmandan

I can't seem to figure out a good method of making good coffee. I have a flat bottom filter drip machine, mr coffee.

If I'm making 8 cups, i know a half cup will be absorbed into the grounds and evaporate. so I pour 8.5 cups.

For a maximum flavor profile on the coffee (without adding too many grounds), what's the grounds:water ratio in yalls experience?

I will go as far as weight measure the grounds before pouring it into the filter.

Thx

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a Cuisinart Grind N Brew. I love coffee made with fresh ground coffee beans.

I use a heaping coffee scoop of of beans for each cup. I use a blend of flavored coffee beans, never really the same each time. I just go by what smells and tastes good (yes, I sample the roasted beans with the OK of the employee) when I am at the store. They roast their beans right in the store and it smells like heaven. Fairway Market has great loose tea also.

I also add about an extra 1/2 to 1 measure (line on pot) of water.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I live in a town with a coffee factory that has a little retail store, and I purchase good coffee beans from there. Like Peep, I grind the beans fresh every morning for my Mr. Coffee automatic drip.

It may be stating the obvious, but good-tasting coffee depends mainly on using coffee that's fresh and whose flavor you like.

I like a "light roast" as opposed to "medium" or "dark" roast.

I use one heaping scoop of beans for every 2 cups of coffee. I add water up to the line for the amount of coffee I want; I don't worry about the 1/2 cup or so that I lose, since I usually make 6 or 8 cups.

Lee