*(If desired, substitute for snake: quail, dove,
chicken, rabbit, or pork)
Procedure
Brown the snake meat in iron skillet.
Put cooked beans into large pot; add tomatoes,
jalapenos, onion, salt, garlic, ground beef, and snake (or other meat).​
Simmer 10 minutes to heat thoroughly. .

lilylove

I'm sure! And I'd be more than willing to give it a try.. just don't have any crawling around the back yard. :) :)

joec

Gold Site Supporter
This would good with turtle meat or gator tail too. Both of which I have in my freezer thanks.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It sure is I got a rather large alligator snapping turtle a few months ago. One of my sons got it when we was in North Carolina visiting. I killed it for him and butchered it and brought half of it home for us. The gator tail some one shipped me from Florida at the end of February frozen of course, about 5 lbs. Neither of which taste like chicken I might add.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
((((envy))))

I agree; not at all like chicken--- but the snake does, kinda......a light, poultry kind of flavor, standing by itself.........
I've got a soup recipe you might be interested in, if I can find it i'll post it

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I saw that lucky but the turtle I will probably smoke or grill since I don't have that large a piece left. I grilled the other half into a couple of steaks for my sons and their wives when we were there. All but one loved it and she couldn't get over it being a turtle.