Help me be creative

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
crab cakes?

http://www.chefmichaelsmith.ca/en/home/Recipes/RecipeDetails.aspx?cms=bW9kZT0zJnJJRD0zMTM_

Crab Cakes
1 pound of potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup of crab meat
1/4 cup of minced chives
1 egg
flour, eggs and dried potato flakes for breading
optional ingredient:
minced jalapeno

Steam the potatoes until tender then pass them through a food mill onto a baking sheet. Spread them evenly on the sheet. Dry the potatoes in a 350-degree oven for ten minutes.

In a bowl whisk the egg then add the dried potatoes, crab and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Combine the ingredients gently until they are well mixed.

Form four evenly shaped cylindrical crab cakes. Press them firmly together as you form them.

Bread the crab cakes by first rolling them in flour then dipping them in egg wash and finally rolling them in potato flakes. The cakes may be made to this point and refrigerated, several hours in advance.

Brown the cakes in butter until evenly colored then continue heating them through in a 400 degree oven for ten minutes. Serve immediately.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Crab Cakes? Romain salad with lots of cut veggies and shredded crab meat with a creamy dressing?

homecook

Boy does that sound good! I just had some the other night but it was from Market Day, still good but I think I'll try this recipe next time.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I don't know how to do it, but, I was thinking along the lines of some sort of cheese and something with a bit of a BANG. That is where I went blank.

lilylove

how about a home made mac and cheese .... white sauce... with crab?

Kind of like a tuna fish and noodles type thing?

homecook

Are you looking for a main meal or appetizer?? Check out the appetizer thread......we've posted a bunch of recipes there.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Main dish Barb.

Trish some variety of the Mac & Cheese went through there, if I did that I could bake a big bunch and have some for lunches.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Make a nice crab salad on toasted hoggies with some good swiss or provolone. For the kick we put horseradish sauce in ours.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'd make West Indies Salad! But that is a side and not a main. Crab cakes as well for the main. Or crab stuffed shrimp.

Bilby

Baked potatoes in their jackets - cut open, top with crab meat, salsa and cheese and stick in warm oven until cheese melts.

Vol au vents (any size you want) - mix crab meat with some corn kernals, peas and small diced carrots (along with garlic and seasoning) and a white sauce and fill. Heat in oven and serve with salad or more veges.

Get a tortilla, spread with taco sauce, top with crab meat and cheese. Zap in microwave until cheese melts. Serve (pizza style) with sour cream on top and salad on side.

Mix crab meat through spaghetti or linguine with some olives, cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach leaves, sliced bocconcini (or feta or similar) and some cream (don't go heavy though). Add some diced chilli and/or garlic if you are into it. Top with grated romano or parmesan or another hard cheese.

Crab meat mixed with sauted leeks and sliced olives and cooked in a tart shell.

Spread crab meat through nachos.

Make a crab and corn Chinese-style soup.

Make pancakes and fill (roll) with crabmeat and your choice of extras (mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, etc) with either white or mornay sauce.

Stuff tomatoes with crab meat.

Do a potato au gratin but spread the crab meat through the layers.

Make a pate with it.

Add to a fried rice.

buckytom

Grill Master
how about crab in a light basil tomato sauce over angel hair?

you could add shrimp, and maybe a nice filet of red snapper.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Crab and corn pudding...

But, you'll need cornbread, fresh cob corn, green onions, etc etc...

I'd be happy to steer you in this direction if you have the other ingredients or the inclination to make it..

AllenOK

Make a Cajun crab stuffing, with lots o' cheese, and pack it into Portobellas, then bake.

How about a cheesy crab fondue, with enough heat to make it interesting?

Jeff G.

Steak Madagascar!!

first, mix up the crab meat like you were making crab cakes but add some cheese(mozzarella, provolone, etc).

Fire up the grill and plop you steak down. Let it grill. When you turn it, immediately spoon the crab cake over the top and cover the steak on the grill with aluminum foil or a lid from a pot and close the grill if it has a lid.

Grill your normal time, pull the steak off and you have a wonderful treat!!