Nica

Grilled Cantalope With Honey Ginger Bluberry Sauce
Honey Ginger Blueberry Sauce
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup honey
1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
Set a small saucepan over medium high heat and add the blueberries. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Boil for about 8-10 minutes, stirring every few minutes, until thickened. Turn off the burner and let stand. Sauce should be thick, kind of like fruity jam, with some of the berries burst and some whole. Taste and add more honey if you like. That’s it! Really! Keep what’s left in the fridge. Will be good for a few days.

Grilled Cantaloupe
2 small ripe cantaloupe
Heat a grill pan to high, or heat the outdoor grill to high. Slice the melon in half and remove the seeds with an ice cream scoop or big spoon. Slice into wedges. When the pan/grill is very, very hot, lay the melon down and grill each side about a minute, just until you see some grill marks. Place on a plate and serve with sauce. Garnish with fresh mint. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Blueberries (640 x 480).jpg
    Blueberries (640 x 480).jpg
    81 KB · Views: 500
  • Grilled cantalope (640 x 480).jpg
    Grilled cantalope (640 x 480).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 337

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I love cantalope. Never heard of grilling it though. Have to try this out for sure. :thumb:
Thanks for posting this over here Nica!!!!!!

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I love cantalope. Never heard of grilling it though. Have to try this out for sure. :thumb:
Thanks for posting this over here Nica!!!!!!

Same here, we love cantaloupe, just never thought about grilling it. It will be a few days though. We used the grill Sunday and when I opened it to light it last night I found that the mice had build a huge nest in it. It's due a rebuild anyway so it will be couple of days before it is ready to go again. I've already cleaned the grate and will do it again before I use it :w00t:

Nica

My daughter and her family are coming for the weekend so I'm going to try this out on them.:chef: