Greek Drink

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Any of you world travelers ever come across this? It’s a Greek drink, tastes strong of licorice, and even stronger of alcohol. Will knock your **** in the dirt. Interesting drink.

Hooked up with my Mom tonight on their way to Canada, and they gave this and a bunch of other stuff to me. Anyone heard of it?

It's wild. It comes in an aluminum container with a plastic screw top.

24pxhj9.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
have come across it many times just different packaging

same thing as Pernod, Sambucca and Arak

Fishbum

From the dregs of Greek wine and distilled or so my Greek friends tell me. Powerful like gasoline. Not quite the poop or flavor of tequila..which I am drinking now.

lilylove

LOLOLOL!! I'm married to a Greek! Yep, I've seen it... tasted it... spit it out. YUCK!
YUCK! YUCK!!

BUT, it's not as yucky as RAKI... Made from grape leaves and skins... (we got drunk, with a Greek priest one night in Crete, took ONE shot and I was giggling and feeling guilty Raki brought the Good Catholic girl out in me! lol)

And Ozo is better than Resinga (sp) another Greek wine, this one is make out of tree pitch and tastes like it too :) :)

Greeks know how to cook... but their booze leaves something to be desired.

simplicity

Greeks know how to cook... but their booze leaves something to be desired.

I agree with that. I love Greek food. When I was in Greece I drank that awful ouzo daily. Seemed like a good idea at the time. After I left I never drank another drop. I still love the food though.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I agree with that. I love Greek food. When I was in Greece I drank that awful ouzo daily. Seemed like a good idea at the time. After I left I never drank another drop. I still love the food though.

time to highjack Keltins thread a little..lol

some of my favorite restaurants in the world are in Houston...oh i miss the food there

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I remember thinking Ouzo tasted nasty but everything's fuzzy after that so it must pack a real wallop.

simplicity

time to highjack Keltins thread a little..lol

some of my favorite restaurants in the world are in Houston...oh i miss the food there

Yes, we do have some excellent restaurants. We had a couple of Greek ones on Clinton Drive, near Gate 8 on the Ship Channel. It got rowdy at night, a time when I avoided it. Now and then I'd take friends there for lunch. It was a crime ridden area but the food in these shabby little places was glorious.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Yes, we do have some excellent restaurants. We had a couple of Greek ones on Clinton Drive, near Gate 8 on the Ship Channel. It got rowdy at night, a time when I avoided it. Now and then I'd take friends there for lunch. It was a crime ridden area but the food in these shabby little places was glorious.
OMG, I know the restaurants you are talking about! I used to dance at one of them.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good luck, Keltin, LOL!

I hate Ouzo.

For people who do love it too much, the hangover is horrible.

Lee

simplicity

Good luck, Keltin, LOL!

Some things may look different in print than the writer intended them.
FM and I are familiar with the same two restaurants. They both had belly dancers. To me belly dancing is an art form to be celebrated. It takes a lot of practise and discipline to be good at it. That's why I asked FM.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Good luck, Keltin, LOL!

I hate Ouzo.

For people who do love it too much, the hangover is horrible.

Lee

I couldn't get past the first swig! I really don't like licorice, so I'm not a big fan of anise. But I do like the "bottle" this stuff comes in. :yum:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I remember thinking Ouzo tasted nasty but everything's fuzzy after that so it must pack a real wallop.

On the bottle, it says that it is 42% alcohol! :w00t:

When I took a drink, I tasted licorice and then was assaulted by the alcohol. Whew! :lol: