so who is planning what this year?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I have to ask DW what all she has gotten planted so far. I know some tomato plants, lettuce plants, maybe some peppers and a few other things. The spot for the veggie garden had to be cleared of prairie plants first, so it has been a work in progress.
Love the picture, cute boy! And I do like raw tomatoes with salt sprinkled on em. Pretty much the only food I put salt on, LOL.

GoNativegal

Oh it's now planted DH - I put in a sampling of some of things he likes to eat - tomatoes, hot & sweet peppers, spring onions and a sampling of things I like to eat - Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, Kale, Acorn Squash, Basil, Fennel, mini Pumpkin, Eggplant. There's also some Black Simpson (I think lettuce) that seeded itself from last year in the front and some dark leaved red lettuce planted in with the perennials out front.

Ran out of room for corn and beans though perhaps the beans will go in later after some of the greens are yanked and eaten.

Mr. Green Jeans

Starting "The Harvest" today! Raspberries and sour cherries will be made into jam. Fresh dug carrots form just plain munching. Finally fava bean stalks to cut and dry. Later to be enjoyed with someone's liver and a fine chianti <SEG>

buckytom

Grill Master
. There's also some Black Simpson (I think lettuce) that seeded itself from last year in the front .

yep. black seeded simpson is a lettuce. i have it coming out my ears, along with arrugula (rockette) and romaine. oh, and spicy red radishes. they're so peppery that my family refuses to eat them.

anyone want some, just be over my house tomorrow morning. bring a plastic shopping bag or three. there's plenty, and it's all about to bolt with this heat.

heb1976

We went really big this year compared to last year. Last year's garden was just 12x8 - but my first one. It did pretty good too.

This year we made it 29x12. We planted 16 celebrity tomato plants, 4 cherry tomatoes, 4 grape tomatoes; 12 green peppers, 6 red peppers, 10 jalapenos, 8 banana peppers; 4 broccoli, 6 brussel sprouts, 4 cauliflower; 10 cucumber; some beans and peas; 6 yellow squash & 4 zucchini.

My cucumbers are going to take over the one half of the garden. I planted them too close together, but I don't care. I'll have them grow up the side of the fence. And the squash and zucchini is crowded as well. Hubby had to build me a planter because we had too many plants. We thought the tomatoes came in 2, but they actually came in 4. The cucumbers had 2-3 plants in each container. But I am excited! Oh we also made our own topsy-turvy - and that is hanging by the house.

These pics were taken on the 14th - I need to take more because the plants are huge.

Edited to add : don't know why the pics are so blurry - they weren't like that when I uploaded them.

Attachments

• Dsc_4685.jpg
    Dsc_4685.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Dsc_4686.jpg
    Dsc_4686.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Dsc_4688.jpg
    Dsc_4688.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Dsc_4689.jpg
    Dsc_4689.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Dsc_4690.jpg
    Dsc_4690.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 113

GotGarlic

We went really big this year compared to last year. Last year's garden was just 12x8 - but my first one. It did pretty good too.

This year we made it 29x12. We planted 16 celebrity tomato plants, 4 cherry tomatoes, 4 grape tomatoes; 12 green peppers, 6 red peppers, 10 jalapenos, 8 banana peppers; 4 broccoli, 6 brussel sprouts, 4 cauliflower; 10 cucumber; some beans and peas; 6 yellow squash & 4 zucchini.

My cucumbers are going to take over the one half of the garden. I planted them too close together, but I don't care. I'll have them grow up the side of the fence. And the squash and zucchini is crowded as well. Hubby had to build me a planter because we had too many plants. We thought the tomatoes came in 2, but they actually came in 4. The cucumbers had 2-3 plants in each container. But I am excited! Oh we also made our own topsy-turvy - and that is hanging by the house.

Nice :smile: Just wanted to mention, you can always thin the plants. When they're planted too close together, air can't circulate among them; they often can't dry well enough after watering or rain, and develop mold. HTH.

We've harvested several cucumbers (I have five on the counter right now), lots of onions, and a few heads of garlic, in addition to the May peas and green beans. Got 2-1/2 pounds of green beans; some are still in the freezer.

We have a couple of tomatoes in topsy-turvy containers too; they're not doing nearly as well as the tomatoes in the ground. It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't work very well.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
yes you should take more pix..lol

i am going to try the upside down plant this year...going to try it with a pepper plant

These pics were taken on the 14th - I need to take more because the plants are huge.

Edited to add : don't know why the pics are so blurry - they weren't like that when I uploaded them.

heb1976

I don't know what we did or didnt do, ours did not take off.
Anyhow- I am anxious to see it when it starts producing. Please send pics when that happens Please. Thanks
:tiphat:

i will do. there are alot of flowers on it - but it doesnt look as healthy as the other ones. we will see if it actually does get anything on it.