New Birth...

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
My kitty, Serena had two little kitties today, it was her first time ever and one was breech which i had to help her deliver... what a beautiful experience. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Congratulations Lifesaver on the new additions to the family. That's great that you were there to help her.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
An update... Serena had only the two little babies, i had to give breath to the one that was born breech but so far all is going well.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
How Kewl-
I agree with FM- Put some Pic's up when you can.
(Lifesaver being a Lifesaver) Thats Karma

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Yep, there are usually more than three kitties in a litter. Congrats, papa lifesaver.
sorry, lifesaver. I am corrected: mama lifesaver.

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
People with weak stomachs - avert your eyes now.

Lifesaver, you mama kitty should deliver a placenta (afterbirth) after each kitten. It looks kinds like a little piece of liver. She will also eat it. Be sure and let her do this. It stimulates contractions so that all of the kittens will get born and none of the placentas will be retained.

Are you still at 3 or have any more made an appearance?

heb1976

that is a cool experience. our cat had 4 babies ... i still have 3 of them. love them to death! the kids even got to see it which was so cool for them.

Wasabi

Kittens.jpg
Congrats!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
all 3 are black and grey striped. i'll have to wait for pics when my son comes over because mama has all 3 under my bed and i can't reach under there.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
they are just so cute. my son just showed up to mow our lawn and when he's done he said he get the kittens out from under the bed so i can get some pics.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
:huh: Ok are all you good folks ready for this? My son just pulled mama and babies out from under the bed and there are 4 to be exact. I got some pics but give me some time to figure out how to post them on here. 2 are black and grey striped and 2 are grey like mama. heehee