Going back to work... kind of sort of..

lilylove

Just got back from a job interview.... I got the job!

I start FRIDAY! :clap: What am I thinking??? Am I crazy? I'm not sure!

I interviewed at a temp agancy... the office manager liked me enough that she wants me to temp there at least through the summer months. It might be one day a month it might be 20 days a month.... less pay than I've made in a heck of a long time and that's kind of an ego let down (only 12 dollars an hour, last real job was 17) but.. it fits my life style. I can say yes and no to jobs when ever I want and I can travel as much as I want and not have any problems.

It's a good thing. I think. Now how do I start getting up at six in the morning again?

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Congratulations! Enjoy the variety of gigs. This is how one of my friends wound up with a really good permanent gig.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, of course you got the job...they're not stupid! Congratulations!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
That is nine my time - Want me to call you?

LOL

Andy

P. S. I'm up at 3:50 AM EST daily

lilylove

I've done temp work before and I do like it. I think I'll be mostly in this office until september though since I made a good impression on the office boss :)

lilylove

Well, of course you got the job...they're not stupid! Congratulations!

Thanks Mama! I gave up looking a few months ago because I couldn't even get anyone to call me back! Walked in the door and we really hit it off. It was a fun interview.

I think it'll be kind of nice getting out of the house a few days a month.
I want to make some money to buy some art work for the condo. :wink:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Awwwww. Does this mean the Answer a question with a question thread is going to die? LOL

lilylove

Hardly, do you know that I'll have a computer there and they've already warned me it's a very slow job?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Congrats Trish!!!
Temping always worked for me to. Direct interviews they always wanted more experience etc but then I would temp in and they would suddenly change their tune and want to hire me!

Uh.... two posts in a row with questions?? Yer thread is leaking into this one! LOL!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Trish. That does sound like a good gig. :thumb:
And you'll be able to ween yourself into it, rather than have to work full time right off. You never get used to getting up that early ...at least I haven't ...but you do it and get the day going. The earlier you get started the earlier you get done for the day. :D

buckytom

Grill Master
good luck lll!!!

so, what kind of temping jobs do they offer? crossing guards for chickens, maybe?

i hope it's not uxo technician. no wonder there's openings...

lilylove

ha ha Bucky! I'll just be doing easy reception work. Answering the phones with a smile and giving people their pay checks! No brain work involved...maybe that's why I won't be getting paid much?? lol!

Calicolady

Today is Friday, so I guess you went back to work and I missed
CONGRATULATing you and wishing you GOOD LUCK.
Please fill us in how you made out.

TAYL006.jpg