What have you eaten Sunday 12/2/2018 to Saturday 12/8/2018?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
No clue what’s for dinner. Something DD can cook or maybe takeout.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch !
Party Tray Leftovers !

Roll-Ups and Macaroni Salad.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I've been craving spaghetti and meatballs for awhile now, and finally got around to "almost homemade" making it tonight.

I used Cooked Perfect frozen Italian meatballs, a jar of Victoria sauce (I only buy it when it's on sale - so good!), and whole wheat linguini.

Doctored the sauce with some extra seasonings, simmered the frozen meatballs in there for awhile and wa-la! Delicious!

Lee

Attachments

• cooked-perfect-italian-style-meatballs-6.png
    cooked-perfect-italian-style-meatballs-6.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 167
  • victoria sauce.JPG
    victoria sauce.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 166
  • spag and meatballs.JPG
    spag and meatballs.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 158

Embryodad

Today we had chix wings and I cooked them crispy.
DD made a frozen Red Baron Pizza. and squash.
She baked a fresh apple pie. Yum! ..... Later! With a small scoop of ice cream.
I took some pictures of the leftovers. Check out the pie! It looks like it's peeking at me. :huh:

Oh! By the way, I was allowed to have a cold brew! ( by my own conscience that is! )

IMG_1339 (639x640).jpg

IMG_1338 (640x640).jpg

IMG_1340 (640x639).jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
well, soup & nachos & cheese-- gotto my bar a 'lil beyond them setting food onto tables-- not many items were there by then--

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I cooked rotisserie Game Hens in the Air Fryer + Rice and shrimp.

Attachments

• S Din.jpg
    S Din.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 155

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey, Dan, that hen looks beautifully brown!

Jimmy, were those butternut squashes miniature?? I've never seen them that small!

Lee

Embryodad

Hey, Dan, that hen looks beautifully brown!

Jimmy, were those butternut squashes miniature?? I've never seen them that small!

Lee
DD bought them at the farm stand. She said they were Honey Nut Squash. A hybrid of Butternut squash.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD is making a whole roasted chicken, asparagus, roasted (Yukon & red) potatoes, mushrooms and onion, stuffing and gravy.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD's Roast chicken, roasted Yukon potatoes, red potatoes and mushrooms, stuffing, steamed asparagus (topped with butter and grated parm reg & pecorino romano) and gravy.

roast_chicken_120318_IMG_5135.JPG

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Pretty busy all day - Easy meal tonight. Pinto Beans & Smoked Turkey neck bones. Bread & Butter. I love the Instant Pot.

Embryodad

Today was a what I call, a Backwards Day! Usually it's one step forward, and two steps back; but today, there were no forward steps. hahahahaha
I ate what my wife calls goulash. She got it on the internet, and tried it in a huge pot. Sauce and tomatoes with boiled ground beef, and chopped onions and elbow macaroni....
It was leftover, and I just closed my eyes as I ate it. Sheesh!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Air-Fried Chicken Thighs, Garlic Mash and Buttered Corn.... Fresh Greens, of course....

Chicken Thighs, Air-Fried.jpg

Salad, Balsamic.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Peep! Your daughter is doing a great job! That chicken dinner looks magnificent! I hope she's enjoying the cooking, and helping you out!

Jimmy, don't tell me that you've never had goulash AKA American Chop Suey before??? It's a beloved comfort food all over the country - didn't you like it?!

(actually, I'm having the same reaction people have when I tell them that I don't like cornbread, LOL!)

Lee

Embryodad

Wow, Peep! Your daughter is doing a great job! That chicken dinner looks magnificent! I hope she's enjoying the cooking, and helping you out!

Jimmy, don't tell me that you've never had goulash AKA American Chop Suey before??? It's a beloved comfort food all over the country - didn't you like it?!

(actually, I'm having the same reaction people have when I tell them that I don't like cornbread, LOL!)

Lee
I had it once before, but more toward the soupy texture.
I am not one who likes pasta or spaghetti, drowned in sauce.

The flavor was good, but the consistency was not prefered. IMO

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've been eating well.
Too well. Lol
No idea what I even want for dinner tonight.
Might just grab a chicken wrap while I'm out getting some things we need for the week.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Salmon Filet and Tempura Shrimp, both with a Teriyaki Drizzle, Mashed Yam and Edamame... Salad is a Wedgie and Egg, under Chipotle Ranch Dressing...

Salad, Wedgie with Egg.jpg

Salmon Filet, Tempura Shrimp, Edamame .jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken again tonight.
Maybe.
I've always wanted to make a former member's chicken cakes.
I've asiago pasta salad that will accompany if so.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, edamame - good idea, LT!

Going on my shopping list.

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I was going to use an older recipe posted here by mhend, but decided to go with another.

20181205_165807-768x768.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Vegetable Soup- Fried Rice Ala Lucky (Steak, Brussel sprouts, radishes.)

Attachments

• 1 w soup.jpg
    1 w soup.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 1 we d.jpg
    1 we d.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 120

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Beef stew with myshrooms, carrots, parsnips, potatoes and onions, plus corn cakes.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Pork Tenderloin, Pan-Seared, over Fried Apples, with Succotash and Buttered Rice... and the same old salad, not pictured (I'll post Salad Pics only when significantly different from my usual mix from here on )

Pork Tenderloin, Fried Apples.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Doggie with Gulden's and fries.
I seasoned the fries with a nice flavoured seasoning salt I found that's better than Lawry's.

20181206_153110-768x768.jpg