Dee's Fried Chicken

Deelady

Crispy Fried Chicken

This is just an aprox recipe since I was mostly experimenting with different methods, results may vary :whistling: :D

Chicken pieces of choice
Marinade:
hot sauce (I used franks)
paprika aprox 1 TB

corn starch for dusting

Wet batter:

1-2 cups biscuick (can use flour,I used biscuick because ofbaking powder and such in it)
1/2- 1 cup corn starch
garlic powder
ceyenne
paprika
lawrys seasoning
black pepper
onion powder (although I forgot to add this)
1-2 eggs
water till slightly thinner than pancake batter

Add seasonings in amount of your preference. Add water to mixture until you reach the right consistency. You want it runny but not watery.

Dry Flour Mixture:

1-2 cups flour
1/4- 1/2 cup corn starch
salt /pepper to taste

Method:

Marinate the chicken pieces in hot sauce and paprika to coat. Keep in fridge 3hr to 24 hrs. The heat of the hot sauce will cook out this is just for flavor.
Preheat about 3 inches of oil in large pan , leave at least equal amount of pan to the top to prevent oil from over flowing.

Lightly dust chicken piece with corn starch and shake off any excess. Dip each chicken piece in wet batter mixture. Shake of excess so its not dripping. quickly toss in dry flour mixture, large ziplock baggie works great for this. Lightly shake off excess. Slowly lower chicken pieces into oil. Do not over crowd pan, cook in batches. Try not to handle chicken too much esp. at the beginning of frying so batter does not fall off before it has hardened. Cook chicken until no longer pink in center aprox 15-20 for medium to large pieces about 10 mins for wings. If unsure. take a pieces out and pierce with sharp knife, chicken is done if clear juices run out.
Drain chicken pieces thoroughly on paper towels or brown paper bag.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• food 429.jpg
    food 429.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 122
  • food 431.jpg
    food 431.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 122

Deelady

Thanks Cooksie! I'm still lookin for just the right flavor....thats what is most important to me!! Pretty only goes so far! LOL ;) The flavor on this is nice but just not what I am searching for....I WANT PERFECTION! :D lol

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dear Dee,

Please come here and make this for me right now.

I'll leave the light on for you.

Thank you very much.

Lee

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
While you are on your tour, please stop by Haledon, NJ and whip up an order for me, please. It looks great.

Andy

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sure looks good Dee. :tiphat: mmmmmm maken me hungry. :D Keep us along with you on your quest for perfection. :D

Deelady

Thanks Andy, Doc, and Mary :D And you got it Andy! :thumb:

I told Hubby that each time I make it I will make a different method until I find THE ONE! I will gladly include you on my quest! lol

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thats the best looking chicken I have seen in quite awhile!! Thank you for the recipe!

Deelady

Thats pretty cool Sass since I used part of the method from a popeyes discussion I found while looking for wet batter method. It was tips from past employees...didn't think it would work. :D

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thats pretty cool Sass since I used part of the method from a popeyes discussion I found while looking for wet batter method. It was tips from past employees...didn't think it would work. :D
Well it sure did! :applause::flowers:
That's the best looking homemade fried chickie I've ever seen.