Outdoor Oven

Mr. Green Jeans

One of the trade offs of having a place in the Oregon country was parting with my Wolf Range. Fortunately, I found a buyer that will appreciate and work it as hard as I did.

However, being in the country opens another door, outdoor cooking. I am looking at various plans for a wood fired oven, grill, smoker. If anyone on NCT has experience cooking this way or even better has built their own, I,m all ears.

MGJ

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Ooooh - I know that FooD is building a WFO and Warren (Unconundrum) has already built an amazing one. They belong to a forum where I think there are plans, etc. I will try to find the link for you.

FooD

I absolutely enjoy cooking outdoors than in the kitchen.

And as Terry mentioned, Warren has built a very nice barrel style oven with beautiful brick, stone, and counter work.

I am almost done with my brick pompeii oven which I located just outside of my kitchen in a small nook area. It still needs a decorative arch and final shaping/stucco work. But I've been cooking in it while working on the exterior these past few weekends.

Attachments

• P1040783.jpg
    P1040783.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 130
  • P1040791.jpg
    P1040791.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Mr. Green Jeans

Nice work FooD! I'm looking forward to getting this project started moving is job #1 though. DO keep us posted as to your baking adventures with your wood fired oven.

Mike

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm blown away, FooD! Your oven is a work of art! I can't imagine you ever cooking anywhere else. Does it cook as good as it looks?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
MJG, you can find a lot of construction pictures for mine at:
This Link

Some pictures of bread baking are HERE

Really enjoy my WFO, and with the temps so hot here lately, great way to cook without heating up the house. Here's the chicken I made last night, and the shrimp from tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 125
  • P1050602.JPG
    P1050602.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1050605.JPG
    P1050605.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 116

FooD

Warren, that's an awesome sampling of your bread baking. Glad to see you're enjoying your oven immensely.

Thanks Terry, I'm still in the stages of bring up the oven gradually to optimal temperature and slowly driving out all moisture. I'm sure it'll cook well and use it to the fullest once I improve my cooking skills...:D

Guts

Warrens pictures started to make me drool WFO/ovens are very nice indeed. Growing up we had a old 36" O'Keefe and merit stove 4 burner w/grill in the center, oven below. It was built in with natural gas and also had a built in BBQ next to it. no water or sink, but this got used every summer. I think I might go this way on my home. It sure beets heating the house up.

Last edited:

High Cheese

Saucier
I found a bunch of bricks out on someones curb, just gotta pick them up. I'd like to do something out on my patio. Maybe some sort of brick BBQ. IDK yet.