½ cup (1 stick) of butter
4 cups of heavy cream
1 cup of shredded cheese plus 4 tablespoons, either cheddar or Parmesan
1 pound of sliced turkey breast
8 slices of Texas Toast
8 slices of bacon, cooked crisp
8 slices of tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste

Toast 4 slices of the Texas Toast. Cut off the crusts. Place in an oven proof dish.

Top each sandwich with ¼ of the turkey.

In a large skillet, melt the butter and whisk in the flour until combined. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in the heavy cream. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to bubble. Simmer another 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheese, salt and pepper.

Pour 1/4th of the sauce over each sandwich. Top with 2 slices of tomatoes and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of cheese.

Place under the broiler until the cheese begins to brown.

Remove from the oven and cross 2 pieces of bacon on top.

Toast the remaining 4 slices of Texas Toast. Cut off the crust and cut corner to corner. Serve with the hot brown.

Attachments

• hotbrown.jpg
    hotbrown.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 189

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, what a gorgeous picture, Mama! It's making my mouth water!

Lee

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
This looks incredible, Mama. I love a cream sauce - especially in winter. I put all the ingredients on my shopping list because I know if I make this, my boys will be blown away!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope y'all enjoy it! I made it last night with cut up pieces of fried chicken breast in place of the turkey...it was a winner!

BTW FM...did you ever make the cheddar stick biscuits?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OMG! I totally forgot to post about that, Mama. I've made the cheese biscuits twice now so you can officially designate the recipe fool-proof. It came out perfectly for me both times! I didn't take pics because both times were days when I was gone all day tiling and I had a hungry crowd waiting for me and they wouldn't wait for me to find my camera. LOL But I will be making them again very soon, since they are such a huge hit, and I will post pics then.