Show Me Your Pumpkin Recipes

I came across a new recipe for Pumpkin (or sweet potato) pudding I want to try. What's your favorite pumpkin recipe/dish?

Sweet Potato/Pumpkin Pudding Cups
Serving Size : 6

23 ounces *sweet potatoes, canned -- (1 can), sweet potatoes in syrup, drained
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
14 ounces condensed milk, sweetened -- 1 can, not evaporated
3 tablespoons chopped pecans
Sweetened whipped cream -- if desired

Heat oven to 325°F. Grease 6 (6-oz) ovenproof custard cups or ramekins with butter or cooking spray.

In blender or food processor, blend all ingredients except pecans and whipped cream until smooth. Pour into custard cups.

In 13x9-inch pan, place filled custard cups. Carefully place pan with cups in oven. Pour enough very hot water into pan, being careful not to splash water into cups, until water is within 1/2 inch of tops of cups.

Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle tops of puddings with pecans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until tops are set. Using tongs or grasping tops of custard cups with pot holder, carefully transfer cups to cooling rack. Cool 30 minutes. Just before serving, top with whipped cream.

*Mashed cooked pumpkin may be used instead of the sweet potatoes.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sweet-potato-pudding-cups/99da965a-0fab-4321-ac70-51fb4764092d

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Pumpkin Nutella Bread
Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
8 tablespoons Nutella (2 tablespoons per mini loaf)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.

4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.

5. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

6. Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.

*Note-You can make regular size loaves. This recipe should make 2 8x4 loaves. Adjust baking time to about 60 minutes.

Calicolady

I make pumpkin cheesecakes to sell adapting my recipe from William-Sonoma's Thanksgiving & Christmas Cookbook, pg. 60. Their's is for 9" pan and plain graham cracker crust.
My recipe is for a 10" pan with a pecan crust (trying to come up with a pepita rendition).

They charge $70 for their pre-made 8" online order site, shipping not included!
s0936.gif

I charge $30 (maybe this year $35) and it's 10" and I deliver it. You do have to give me a dish or pedestal dish for it.
But OMG $70! I was flabergasted when I say that!

Pumpkin Nutella Bread
Ingredients:

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon hazelnut extract
8 tablespoons Nutella (2 tablespoons per mini loaf)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, water, pumpkin, eggs, and extracts. Whisk until smooth and combined.

4. Slowly stir in the flour mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.

5. Pour the batter into the mini loaf pans, making sure batter is evenly divided. Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of Nutella onto each loaf pan. Swirl the Nutella into the pumpkin batter with a knife. Place the loaf pans onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

6. Place the loaf pans on a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan and then carefully remove the loaves. Cool completely before slicing.

*Note-You can make regular size loaves. This recipe should make 2 8x4 loaves. Adjust baking time to about 60 minutes.

This sounds oh so delicious! I bumped into a recipe for Nutella Bread, but I'll bet the addition of pumpkin would take it to a whole new level. Thanks for sharing, RM.

I make pumpkin cheesecakes to sell adapting my recipe from William-Sonoma's Thanksgiving & Christmas Cookbook, pg. 60. Their's is for 9" pan and plain graham cracker crust.
My recipe is for a 10" pan with a pecan crust (trying to come up with a pepita rendition).

They charge $70 for their pre-made 8" online order site, shipping not included!
s0936.gif

I charge $30 (maybe this year $35) and it's 10" and I deliver it. You do have to give me a dish or pedestal dish for it.
But OMG $70! I was flabergasted when I say that!

I had to go check out WS' pumpkin cheesecake on their site. It looks gorgeous, but $70 is kind of steep. They also have a separate & different recipe for same. I think you should up your price ;-) Does it have swirls of pumpkin & cheese? Thanks for sharing.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter