Do you carry some sort of work bag?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Many jobs require hauling a bunch of stuff around be it sales brochures, contracts, and a host of other things. I'm moving, so in cleaning out the garage today I came across my pilot kit bag. Because I have no use for it anymore I thought perhaps it could provide a little entertainment here on a Sunday night and maybe you have something to share as well.

Attachments

• kb1.jpg
    kb1.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 130
  • kb2.jpg
    kb2.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 127
  • kb3.jpg
    kb3.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 128
  • kd4.jpg
    kd4.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 126

chowhound

I had a briefcase when I used to instruct skydiving classes. It had the class outline, jump contract, tests for various licenses (I was safety and training instructor, too) and various other stuff. Never took a pic of it though.
It didn't have near the stickers yours has on it (lol).

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Those are actually pretty interesting stickers ya got on there. Alas mine is not interesting. Just a black bag. How long have you had those?

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Actually, I have three. Backpack, kight, a few parts and some cd's - This is the usual bag. Backpack heavy, has the laptop, it's accessories, and some cables. Tool bag, if I am doing wire work. I do not have to usually carry all 3 at once. If I need more than one, I take the hand truck.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Those are actually pretty interesting stickers ya got on there. Alas mine is not interesting. Just a black bag. How long have you had those?

My career was 31 years and this was my second bag. They're made of heavy leather and are very sturdy. The stickers appeared whenever the mood struck and you can consider them a form of protest. Many pilots used their little billboards for union backing, political crap, or religious purposes, none of which have any business being shared in public by a professional aviator. My bag was a little humor, a little background, and a little bit of the places I love.

Actually Andy, the big airplane at my company was the 777. I stayed on the 767 for quality of life purposes. I retired 14 months before I had to, and even with that I was the senior 767 Captain in the entire company my final two years. Everything goes by seniority, where, when, vacations, you name it. I only had to make one bid in each category = kinda like being king for a day or something.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Are you a member of the mile high club? :mrgreen:

How did I know that you would be the one person to ask that question. LOL Sorry, gotta keep that part of my "work" life personal.

Edit: BTW, DW flew flight attendant for 11 years O'Hare - HNL.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'll see if we can get this thread back on topic, before the inquisitive ones take over...AGAIN!:lol::lol: Heaven only knows where this thread is headed.

I stopped carrying a bag long ago because I tended to carry more stuff than I needed to have in the truck. Today I use this aluminum binder/clipboard that meets 90% of my needs. It's handy and I can carry it into an estimating situation and my receipt book is inside with preprinted labels and my checkbook & business credit cards as well. At the end of the day I just bring it into the house and log my jobs and receipts.

P1010939.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'll bet Buzz's stories are way better. (Do you think the pilots get to "join" somewhere bigger than those tiny, little bathrooms?)

Have I got a cockpit story for you, FM........

Ooops. Gaaaaa! supposed to have been a private message. Damned software won't let me edit. oweeeee crap poop

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I used to carry a briefcase to and from work, then I traded it in for one of those shoulder bags to carry a laptop plus all my paperwork etc.
Now I don't carry anything being a stay at home dad, but DW carries about three bags with her each day! One is actually a rolling carry-on full of all her brochures, portfolio, etc needed for a consultation/sales; then a bag with her purse, sun block, bug spray, brush, agenda, etc etc etc LOL. Last one is her clip board with invoices and what not.
Jeeeeesssshhhhhhhh.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Have I got a cockpit story for you, FM........

Ooops. Gaaaaa! supposed to have been a private message. Damned software won't let me edit. oweeeee crap poop
LOL! OK, since Joe requests that we stay on topic, my work bag has generally been a diaper bag. But it's a huge, brown leather thing that holds so much stuff, it's scary.

Wasabi

How did I know that you would be the one person to ask that question. LOL Sorry, gotta keep that part of my "work" life personal.

Edit: BTW, DW flew flight attendant for 11 years O'Hare - HNL.
DD was a flight attendant for Aloha Airlines for for over 10 years and was devastated when it shut down.

Wasabi

Back to the subject.............my everyday bag is a Dooney and Bourke backpack. I'm retard.........er retired.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Back to the subject.............my everyday bag is a Dooney and Bourke backpack. I'm retard.........er retired.
LOL! Mine is a Dooney and Bourke large tote bag! I've had them for over 10 years (I have 2) and I'm sure I'll still be using them 10 years from now. You can't kill them!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i use to carry a ditty bag around with me... now its my trusty backpack because most stores around here charge 5 or 10 cents for plastic bags.

Wasabi

I had to google ditty bag........Dit´ty-bag`
n. 1. A sailor's small bag to hold thread, needles, tape, etc.; - also called sailor's housewife.:biggrin:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Thanks Wasabi, you saved me a Google, LOL!

And BAM has a good point, I guess I do technically carry a bag around, 4 cloth grocery bags for when I go shopping so I don't have to use plastic bags.

Lefty

Yank
My work bag is either a back pack, or a messenger bag. Its like a tool bag, briefcase and lunch box all in one.