What's on your plate 2/12/18 - 2/17/18?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch was a ham salad wrap and ranch tortilla chips.
No idea about dinner as yet.

Attachments

• 20180212_135155.jpg
    20180212_135155.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 207

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Sass, I do love ham salad!

Cooksie, beautiful dishware!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Soon....
Couldn't decide on Gordon Ramsay"s or a Taste of Home recipe for Yankee pot roast..so the two married in the roasting bag with some extras added.

Attachments

• 20180215_181501.jpg
    20180215_181501.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 171

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tonight is homemade Italian meatballs, homemade beef braciole in homemade red gravy and cheese raviolis.

Did meat in oven on convention roast 15 minutes. Braciole is now in Instant Pot
getting tender.

Dinner should be done soon.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
No clue what's on menu tonight.
Maybe chicken something...will have to check the freezers.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight is homemade Italian meatballs, homemade beef braciole in homemade red gravy and cheese raviolis.

Did meat in oven on convention roast 15 minutes. Braciole is now in Instant Pot
getting tender.

Dinner should be done soon.

bracoile_meatballs_021518_IMG_3641.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight may be a cheese and cracker assortment and a salad.
But things can change as I am going grocery shopping later.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Chili . . . to keep the chili heads from killing each other, I make chili with meat and beans. I should probably just call it bean stew and avoid the debate, eh?

on a low fat diet I once tried dicing up some eye round. save yourself the trouble and just don't do that.

so now I buy a "chuck steak" and trim out the fat and gristle. enormously more flavor. this is a 17 ounce/480 g chuck steak that trimmed to 118g fat and 362g lean(er) meat - a roughly 25% weight loss in the fat. pan fried, the trimmings make the dog happy, however....

second shot is 'diced down' to half spoon size....

browned meat + onions + green peppers
can of stewed tomato + fresh tomato + 8oz tomato sauce
can of kidney beans
bay leaf salt pepper 2 t chili powder.

a two people all goner....

Attachments

• DSC_5395.jpg
    DSC_5395.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC_5396.jpg
    DSC_5396.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 141

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Scratch the chicken plans as it's lent. Lol
The kids want to get fish dinners from the Knights.
Okie dokie!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chili . . . to keep the chili heads from killing each other, I make chili with meat and beans. I should probably just call it bean stew and avoid the debate, eh?

on a low fat diet I once tried dicing up some eye round. save yourself the trouble and just don't do that.

so now I buy a "chuck steak" and trim out the fat and gristle. enormously more flavor. this is a 17 ounce/480 g chuck steak that trimmed to 118g fat and 362g lean(er) meat - a roughly 25% weight loss in the fat. pan fried, the trimmings make the dog happy, however....

second shot is 'diced down' to half spoon size....

browned meat + onions + green peppers
can of stewed tomato + fresh tomato + 8oz tomato sauce
can of kidney beans
bay leaf salt pepper 2 t chili powder.

a two people all goner....

Sounds like chili to me! :yum:
Don't forget the pix.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
pix don't show the taste (g) it's all gone. several saltines gave their lives in a desperate attempt to save some but to no avail.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Recipe? With your twists please.

Peep, I used a 4lb roast, baby dutch potatoes, baby carrots, sweet onion, mushrooms, some celery (not much).. the seasoning pack that came with the bag, a bay leaf, some thyme, a T tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce.
I like the McCormick bags.
They've got them for chops and meatloaf too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The kids want to get fish dinners from the Knights.
Okie dokie!

Well, as it turns out these weren't the best....where I used to live had better offerings for the Lenten meals.
The fish was good, the scalloped potatoes bland, and those beans tasted like el cheapo from the can-o, with a desperate doctoring.

The rest of the family ate theirs without much complaint.
Perhaps we'll do better elsewhere next time.

Attachments

• 20180216_171001.jpg
    20180216_171001.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 135

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I like to go meatless on Lenten Fridays (I'm not Catholic or religious - not sure why I like to do this) so last night I had a wonderful chunk of smoked salmon on pumpernickel toast, with cashew cheese, red onion and capers.

Caesar salad on the side. Wonderful!

Lee

Attachments

• Salmon.JPG
    Salmon.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 114

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like to go meatless on Lenten Fridays (I'm not Catholic or religious - not sure why I like to do this) so last night I had a wonderful chunk of smoked salmon on pumpernickel toast, with cashew cheese, red onion and capers.

Caesar salad on the side. Wonderful!

Lee
That looks great, Lee and I'm not even a fan of capers! Lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight may be a cheese and cracker assortment and a salad.
But things can change as I am going grocery shopping later.

Salad - mixed baby greens, cottage cheese, blackberries, dried tart cherries, candied pecan halves and slice almonds. was dressed after picture was taken with a mixture of EVOO, red wine vinegar, garlic salt grinder, onion salt grinder, ground pepper, a touch of honey and several drops of Ken's Lite raspberry walnut vinaigrette dressing.

Trader Joe's blackberries were huge and not a bad one in the package, 12 oz. for $3.49.

cottage_cheese_berry_salad_021618_IMG_3643.JPG

Cheese Plate - Top center clockwise smoked cheese, double cream gouda from Holland, pepperoni, sopressata, double cream brie and in the center port wine and cheddar spread. I also added some blue cheese to my plate (this was hubs plate mine had no meat. Served with stoned wheat thins for the brie and spread.) Assorted crackers on side.

cheese_plate_021618_IMG_3645.JPG

Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Salad - mixed baby greens, cottage cheese, blackberries, dried tart cherries, candied pecan halves and slice almonds. was dressed after picture was taken with a mixture of EVOO, red wine vinegar, garlic salt grinder, onion salt grinder, ground pepper, a touch of honey and several drops of Ken's Lite raspberry hazelnut vinaigrette dressing.

Trader Joe's blackberries were huge and not a bad one in the package, 12 oz. for $3.49.

View attachment 26056

Cheese Plate - Top center clockwise smoked cheese, double cream gouda from Holland, pepperoni, sopressata, double cream brie and in the center port wine and cheddar spread. I also added some blue cheese to my plate (this was hubs plate mine had no meat. Served with stoned wheat thins for the brie and spread.) Assorted crackers on side.

View attachment 26057

Oh my! :a1:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Damn, Peep, that is a gourmand's (me, for instance) dream! Did you have wine with it?

Your next birthday or Christmas gift wish should be a cool charcuterie board!

Wonderful job!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass and Lee. No wine.

DD wants a replay of last nights dinner tonight.

I may make fish sticks, onion tater tots and salad for hub and I.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass and Lee. No wine.

DD wants a replay of last nights dinner tonight.

I may make fish sticks, onion tater tots and salad for hub and I.

Change of plans. I have a corned beef cooking in my Instant Pot :biggrin:. I will have potatoes and cabbage (some cabbage boiled and some shredded for raw cabbage salad) with it.

DD and hub can choose what they want for dinner.

Johnny West

I've got some good king salmon I brought back from Canada last Fall and will grill some soon, for Lent.

I'll have to catch up on meal posting - it's been to busy around here and then there is the Facebook addiction...

Last week was a seafood week with prawns, lobster tails, cioppino, fish and chips, and Thai red curry with scollops.

Attachments

• #Cioppino.jpg
    #Cioppino.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 75
  • #Cioppino MS.jpg
    #Cioppino MS.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 75
  • #Bob's Onion Rings  18.jpg
    #Bob's Onion Rings 18.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 76
  • #Bob's Fish and Chips 18.jpg
    #Bob's Fish and Chips 18.jpg