Sunday Eats - 8/23

homecook

I believe I'm grilling baby back ribs, corn on the cob and not sure what else. Maybe a tomato/cucumber/onion/green pepper salad.

What will you be serving???

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I'm doing my ribs today for the challenge...

Smoking just started, with mashed grapes and cherries in the pan I usually put wood chips in.

I'm also making a garden salad, sauteed calalloo with mushrooms and something with sweet potatoes.

I have two huge racks of ribs, way too much for Lou and I. My ex husband and his girlfriend are coming for dinner....who can pass up ribs??

Love2"Q"

going easy peasy tonight .. burgers and dogs .. some corn on the cob
and whatever else i make .. maybe some baked beans ...

GotGarlic

Not a clue - I'm in Atlanta and won't be home till 4:30 this afternoon. I don't even know what's in the fridge or freezer. Hopefully DH has something in mind.

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
I have some wild yeast potato bread fermenting and put a turkey breast on the BGE, cherry smoke. I love smoked turkey on potato bread; I think they really go well together. With a big slice of a homegrown tomato, what could be better? :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW says we have lots of veggies in the fridge that need to be eaten. Looks like chicken & veggie stir fry tonight. Maybe I'll do something Asian with the chicken instead of just plain old stir frying it. Chicken boobs are pretty tasteless and boring anyway. Now some nice chicken hips....ooo-la-la!:yum:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Time for a little lunchy. Homemade chicken salad and garden fresh 'maters drizzled with ranch dressing and dusted with fresh ground pepper.

P1010995.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
There was a baby shower for my daughter yesterday and we literally have a fridge full of catered leftovers. No cooking for me today. :)

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Boy those ribs look great !!!

So, here's the pics of my endeavors today. First, the potato bread made with wild yeast (about 2.4# loaves), followed by a peach and tomato salad, and finally a smoked turkey breast (BGE 310 grid till 156 internal with cherry wood chunks). Last pic is putting it all together :) :clap:

Attachments

• P1040332.JPG
    P1040332.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 139
  • P1040339.JPG
    P1040339.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 137
  • P1040341.JPG
    P1040341.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 131
  • P1040342.JPG
    P1040342.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 143

chowhound

I'm going to make up some concoction that I hope resembles a gumbo, but without a trip to the store I'll be scrounging.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Boy those ribs look great !!!

So, here's the pics of my endeavors today. First, the potato bread made with wild yeast (about 2.4# loaves), followed by a peach and tomato salad, and finally a smoked turkey breast (BGE 310 grid till 156 internal with cherry wood chunks). Last pic is putting it all together :) :clap:

great looking food...didnt know you were a BGE owner...someday in my travels i will find a used one..small or big one, doesnt matter to me

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
Thank's Bam. Actually, I was never into grilling till one year my son bought a large BGE for me for father's day. Now, I'm actually on a team that competes in the North East.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
very cool UnConundrum

i just looked at your website, if there is any of my recipes along with pictures on here, feel free to use them

Blues Man

Smoked some ribs tonight .........

100_0563.jpg

100_0573.jpg

While I had the smoker fired up I made up some meatballs. They turned out better than I expected. Planning on heating them up later in the week for some meatball subs.....

100_0553.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We started dinner with Potstickers filled with ground chicken, finely chpped cabbage, green onion and ginger. I have to say this was the first time I've ever made these, and they came out delicious.

P1010997.jpg

We also had stir fried chicken & veggies...

P1010998.jpg

and finally, vegetable fried rice with a tomato with onion salad.

P1010999.jpg

homecook

I believe I'm grilling baby back ribs, corn on the cob and not sure what else. Maybe a tomato/cucumber/onion/green pepper salad.

What will you be serving???

I actually made what I said I was going to. lol

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 127

buckytom

Grill Master
i was just finishing up some veal shoulder chops on the grill, ready to start some chicken for tonight's dinner (the veal is for veal and peppers in the crock pot for tomorrow's lunch) when the skies opened up. i mean it was pouring!!! the kind of rain that drowns turkeys.

so, i chanjged out of my soaked clothes and picked up malaysian/thai from a local restaurant: http://www.penangcuisine.com/

we shared pad thai, malasian style veggie fried rice, curried chicken satay, and mango shrimp. everything was really good. :a1:

chowhound

My gumbo/jambalaya concoction from the pot to the plate, but no okra or celery, and it's not really a soup, and I didn't cook it with the rice, so I guess it's technically just a concoction :wink:

Attachments

• gumbo1.jpg
    gumbo1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 119
  • gumbo2.jpg
    gumbo2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 120
  • gumbo3.jpg
    gumbo3.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 124

chowhound

Nice looking plate, Barb. The ribs and corn looks perfect.

Those meatballs look good, BM. I saw your recipe, I never saw milk added in before, but if they taste as good as they look... :^D

homecook

JoeV......you did a great job on those potstickers. Yummy!! :D

Whatever you call it Fred..........I'll take a plate, please!! It looks awesome!! :thumb:

Lefty

Yank
Beef and bean enchiladas. They came out pretty good, but I can see tweaking the recipe a bit to give it some zip.