Naniwa Sink Bridge for stones

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The mailman brought me a Naniwa Sink Bridge this morning. Its purpose is to cradle sharpening stones over the sink or a container filled with water so the surrounding area doesn't get messed up with swarf. It's beautifully designed with an adjustable range from 15 3/4 to 21 1/2". The stone retention devices can be varied from 7 15/16 to 9 15/16" so it will handle everything in my stone arsenal.

I can hardly wait to use it but unfortunately I'm leaving for Chicago (a golf course is calling me) in a couple hours so I won't put it through its paces until Thursday.

They are available through JapaneseKnifeSharpening for less than 50 bucks.

JoeC should be receiving one as well so perhaps he'd be so kind as to present some input.

Attachments

• Sink Bridge.jpg
    Sink Bridge.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,108

chowhound

I'm just amazed that "swarf" is a real word (lol).
Is that comfortable using the stone that way, Buzz. Looks like a back breaker unless you had a special sink/container rigged up just for sharpening. Like maybe an old desk that you set a sink into, but then you probably wouldn't be as worried about the metal working shavings.... I mean swarf. ;^)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm just amazed that "swarf" is a real word (lol).
Is that comfortable using the stone that way, Buzz. Looks like a back breaker unless you had a special sink/container rigged up just for sharpening. Like maybe an old desk that you set a sink into, but then you probably wouldn't be as worried about the metal working shavings.... I mean swarf. ;^)

I'm used to it, Chow. Standing or sitting - makes no difference. This new device will make cleaning the swarf off the stone, keeping it wet, etc. a breeze. It's quite well designed. Most guys lay a rag on a 2X4 but that doesn't result in a stable platform.

Lefty

Yank
Color me foolish today, I thoght from the thread title that somewhere named Naniwa was going to Sink their Bridge for salvaging or use of the stones.

I thought it was some kind of news story. :yum: Do I need a few days off???

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Color me foolish today, I thoght from the thread title that somewhere named Naniwa was going to Sink their Bridge for salvaging or use of the stones.

I thought it was some kind of news story. :yum: Do I need a few days off???

If you do, then so do I. I thought the SAME thing! :lol::lol::lol:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The mailman brought me a Naniwa Sink Bridge this morning. Its purpose is to cradle sharpening stones over the sink or a container filled with water so the surrounding area doesn't get messed up with swarf. It's beautifully designed with an adjustable range from 15 3/4 to 21 1/2". The stone retention devices can be varied from 7 15/16 to 9 15/16" so it will handle everything in my stone arsenal.

I can hardly wait to use it but unfortunately I'm leaving for Chicago (a golf course is calling me) in a couple hours so I won't put it through its paces until Thursday.

They are available through JapaneseKnifeSharpening for less than 50 bucks.

JoeC should be receiving one as well so perhaps he'd be so kind as to present some input.

Do to circumstances beyond my control I wasn't here today when the mail arrived and they didn't drop off the package but hopefully tomorrow I will get it and I will be here to get it.