Apple Glazed Country Style Ribs

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Decided to whip up something for some Country Style Pork Ribs DW brought home. Typically, it would be indirect on the grill with BBQ sauce, or smoked. But what about indoors. What goes with Pork well. Apples of course.

Apple Glazed Country Style Ribs

Ingredients
1-2 lbs Country Style Pork Ribs (preferably bone-in)
1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce

1/2 cup Apple Jam (jelly – should be chunky with bits of apple)
1/2 cup Apple Juice
3/4 cup White Whine
1/2 tsp ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Paprika

1 medium Onion, chopped
1 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tbsp oil

--Optional Injection--
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder

Procedure
Preheat oven to 350. Marinate the Pork in the Teriyaki for 2-4 hours. Discard Teriyaki.

Optional Injection: Add butter and Olive Oil to microwave safe dish. Microwave on high until butter is melted. Stir in garlic powder and whisk well. Draw mixture into an injection needle and inject ribs in 2-3 places each.

In Dutch Oven or other oven safe pan, add oil and brown the Pork on all sides and set aside. Add the onions. Sauté onions for 3 minutes.

Add Garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Deglaze DO with white whine. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to incorporate. Return pork to DO. Cover and place DO in oven. Bake (at 350) for 1 1/2 hours. Turn pork once halfway through the cooking time.

Remove pork to oven safe platter. Heat DO on stovetop to reduce pan mixture by 1/2. Spoon pan mixture over pork. Place pork under broiler for 3-5 minutes to brown and crisp. Plate the pork and spoon reduced pan mixture over it.

Notes
The dark apple jam and Paprika mix well with the Teriyaki marinade and develop a dark and rich sauce. The Paprika adds a hint of smokiness, while the apples grant it a subtle sweetness. The butter and garlic injection keeps the meat moist, while also imparting a hint of garlic that subtly runs through the meat. Pouring the pan juices over the meat when plating allows you to dip each bite into the juice for even more flavor.

I’ll definitely be making this one again.

Step_1-1.jpg

Step_2-1.jpg

Step_3-1.jpg

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm drooling all over my keyboard, Keltin. Those look soooo good. I love apples and pork. What did you serve with it?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
OMG THAT LOOKS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I'm drooling all over my keyboard, Keltin. Those look soooo good. I love apples and pork. What did you serve with it?

Sides were Teriyaki Noodles and fresh green beans with sautéed bacon, onion, and mushrooms.

I have to admit, the flavor really came through on this. Actually, to be honest, it was more impressive in taste than I had imagine it would be when I made this recipe up.

It can be hit or miss on a new recipe for me. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes DW loves it and I don’t (I hate those because she wants me to make it again, and I just don’t want to!! :lol:), and then we get ones like this where we both go WOW, that’s a keeper.

I used a thick Apple Jam with lots of Apple Chunks in it, and I’ll stand by that as a key ingredient….you must use a chunky apple jam. Oh, and Hungarian Smoked Paprika!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin...you are invited to come to my house to cook me dinner anytime!

That looks so goooood!

Deal, but you supply the beer! I'll be there twice as fast if you have some bear....shanks, chops, steaks, roast, I don't care......just bring on the bear!! :lol:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Deal, but you supply the beer! I'll be there twice as fast if you have some bear....shanks, chops, steaks, roast, I don't care......just bring on the bear!! :lol:

i have a bear roast sitting in my freezer right now Keltin... i think i may even have some moose and a little bit of ground buffalo

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
i have a bear roast sitting in my freezer right now Keltin... i think i may even have some moose and a little bit of ground buffalo

I'm on my way! I'll even help you get that new barrel smoker together! You guys have Budweiser up there???? :lol:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I'm on my way! I'll even help you get that new barrel smoker together! You guys have Budweiser up there???? :lol:

yup we do but i will introduce you to canadian micro brew...perfect bbq beer... and by the time you get up here, i will be working on another drum smoker... which i will gladly donate to a fellow Q'er which will get approx 12hrs burn time on 8-10lbs charcoal..consistant 225-260 degree temps

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
yup we do but i will introduce you to canadian micro brew...perfect bbq beer... and by the time you get up here, i will be working on another drum smoker... which i will gladly donate to a fellow Q'er which will get approx 12hrs burn time on 8-10lbs charcoal..consistant 225-260 degree temps

Damn, I want one of those!!!!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I LOVE country ribs! And I really, REALLY love yours!

Lee