What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/21/16 to Sat. 2/27/16?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
The dinner plan is fried chicken wings with buffalo sauce (butter and Frank's and blue cheese dressing) or BBQ sauce (I picked up Stubb's original to try) to dip in. If DD wants to she can coat some in BBQ sauce put them on the char broil with some smoke chips to get some bark. Also want to make quick French onion soup and salad (TJ's baby rocket and Sorrento greens mix with TJ's sweet onion and bacon dressing also a first time on the dressing).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Plans changed. Dinner was pancakes (TJ's buttermilk pancake mix) with apple and berry compote (I hope I can duplicate it again because it was so good but I just did a little of this ...). I also had baby rocket dressed with sweet onion and bacon dressing.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Lunch was tuna salad on baguette with baby rocket instead of lettuce and First run shortcut French onion soup in my little Dutch ovens. It was a short cut with Campbell's soup and next time I will do from scratch.

022215_french_onion_soup_P1090953.jpg

Dinner should be the chicken wings held over from yesterday. Chicken wings with buffalo sauce (butter and Frank's and blue cheese dressing) or BBQ sauce (I picked up Stubb's original to try. I took a taste and it taste good on my finger so it should be better on wings LOL) to dip in. If DD wants to she can coat some in BBQ sauce put them on the char broil with some smoke chips to get some bark. And salad (TJ's baby rocket and Sorrento greens mix with TJ's sweet onion and bacon dressing).

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Taco Bell hits the spot sometimes.

The chicken wings were excellent. I made the Buffalo sauce with butter and Franks.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Peep! What a gorgeous photo of your French Onion Soup!

Should be in a gourmet food magazine!

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Lee and Lollie. Next time I will try to make it from scratch. The little Dutch ovens were the perfect size for a starter or lunch serving.

Yes! I quite like their Cantina offerings.

Looks great Peeps.

Last night was spinach ravioli in marinara sauce.

Was the filling spinach and ricotta or was the pasta spinach? I would love raviolis made with spinach pasta dough and spinach and ricotta filling.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Too late for today but tomorrow I'm going to cook some split pea soup in the crock pot.

Johnny West

The meds are helping (a bit more manageable) with pain and will attempt to make hot beef sandwiches tonight. I feel groggy but that's to be expectd.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Oh now I want pea soup. Yum

I finally got it going this morning.

I'm going to start calling you the Pea Soup Queen :D. When I did a full forum search for split pea soup, your name came up about a million times.

Johnny West

I could use some pea soup and have a lot of bulk peas bought in Zillah. I wish I had a hock. My diet needs more fibre. lol :bonk:

Last night's hot beef was excellent but paid for it for being on my feet too long. I'll not cook today but warm up the leftovers.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I finally got it going this morning.

I'm going to start calling you the Pea Soup Queen :D. When I did a full forum search for split pea soup, your name came up about a million times.
Really? I made split pea soup that much? Did I post my recipe?

I am craving your sausage, white bean and kale soup!

I made escarole and white beans for lunch today. 3 heads escarole, 2 cans cannellini beans, 8 cloves garlic and red pepper flakes. ALL gone!! The 4 of us scarfed it down! LOL No leftovers to pack away.

Dinner will probably be waffles made with TJ buttermilk baking mix, maple syrup, butter, warm apple and berries compote and sour cream to top.

Johnny West

I baked several Gorton's breaded pollack fillets, made my special sauce, and had two burger buns. I've not been eating much of late so am stuffed.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday was a grilled cheese and that was about all I could handle.
I've had the stomach flu.

This morning I boiled some corkscrew pasta and tossed it with some Newman's Italian dressing.
It's chilling in the fridge right now.
That's what I'll have for dinner later at work.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
On this last day of February Monday 29-

For me it'll be skillet meatballs in cream cheese spaghetti sauce (add sauce to drained, cooked meatballs- I'll use Classico tomato and basil- then add a couple of large cubes of cream cheese).
No pasta with these. I'll have some sort of green on the side.
Asparagus maybe.

Johnny West

I'd love some meatballs but they won't let me drive out to buy any. T-Boy's make a good meatball. I have the sauce.