Hey all you fathers out there.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
What did you do with your father's day?

I had my breakfast made for me and was told that I had the day to do as I wish. No kids at home and no pending company, I pondered that for a while.

I did a little work, I mowed the lawn, it was more like haying. LOL

Then I retreated to the wood shop where I took a piece of spalted maple that has been laying around for a while and made a shaving set. Hopefully folks at the next craft fair will like it.

Attachments

• 1339976058337.jpg
    1339976058337.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 90

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Beautiful wood and beautiful craftsmanship, Andy. I have an old 36" Craftsman lathe in the basement that doesn't see much use. I have used it to make reel seats and handles for making fly rods, but nothing like what you do.

Yesterday I baked sourdough cinnamon no-knead bread, sandwich thins and a loaf of honey whole wheat bread. Then I took a mid-morning nap. It was nice to NOT have to do anything all day long. Dinner was at the Chinese joint as seen in the dinner thread. Back to work today.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We didn't do a lot but got in a curry takeaway and followed it with some Haagen Daaz.

Lefty

Yank
Breakfast at the Knights Of Columbus Hall (They have everything ever served for bf). Quick metal detecting trip wich turned up some weird relics, and just one silver nickel. Happy hour, some TV and a light suppa.

loboloco

Spent the morning working on a project of my own. Spent the afternoon and evening with my father. My sister cooked his favorite ;breakfast' for supper. Blueberry pancakes, sausage and bacon. My wife made cantaloupe juice for everybody.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We didn't do a lot but got in a curry takeaway and followed it with some Haagen Daaz.
Hey Miniman, do you celebrate fathers day on the same day as we do in the US?

All the kids and grandkids were visiting. We had a busy morning but managed to go to the houseboat and cooked out later in the afternoon. Very nice.

Paymaster

Mine went well. My wife said do what ever you want. I said I will grill then! I grilled some marinaded pork loins and turkey breasts. Turned out well.

6-11C.jpg

6-11CC.jpg