CHicago

S.Shepherd

now..where to eat, and when to start drinkin !!!:bounce:

I'm gonna go bug the tards at crate and barrel and william sonoma...and check out those michael brasas knives.:poke::ninja:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Not going there... LOL. The last place didn't work out so well. OK I will go there, don't know where you are staying, but one of our favorites for Thai food is the P.S. Bangcock on Clark St. I think I can find a link to it's location.
They have turned fancy on us, but still great food. We have been going there for over 12 years now and know the owner herself.
http://www.psbangkok.com/

S.Shepherd

....I believe I floated back to the hotel on a river of Guinness last night:alc::gulp:
Hit 4 bars, and I think we only spent $50...maybe they liked us, or thought it was cute the old people were out having fun:glare:

We had some sushi at Kamahatchi...dayum was it spendy !Quality was soso. When I mean spendy, I'm talkin Tokyo spendy-- $3 for a SINGLE piece of nigiri sushi.

I think the wife wants to eat at Carmines, or do some deep dish pizza today.

it's going to be a long day of body pollution I think:ohmy:

Mav, we're staying at the Westin on N.Michigan Ave.

buckytom

Grill Master
ss, 3 bucks a slab-o-fish is ridiculous, unless it's unbelievably fresh. like on the dock fresh.

my only advice from my few trips to chi-town is to avoid ditka's. the steaks sucked for the prices.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well, probably too late for me to chime in now, LOL! PS Bangcock is right off the red line next to Wrigleyville. Easy trip.
Downtown near you is Uno's and Dewey's. Both good deep dish pizza places. I love it when people say they love on over the over, they are the same LOL! Just different names.

waybomb

Probably too late - but the best Italian, real Italian, not like the Olive Garden junk, is La Scarola on Grand, just outside of downtown.

S.Shepherd

We ate at Rosebud yesterday..holy crap was that some excellent italian food:thumb:
Watched a couple of dudes fight over a hooker in the hotel bar:shock:

I think we're going to hit the billygoat tavern for lunch