Thanksgiving Cocktail

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
  • Wild Turkey Bourbon (80 or 100 proof)
  • Cranberry Juice (any kind)
  • Crowther's Garlic Flavor Drinking Gravy (accept no substitutes)
thanksgivingcocktail.jpg

Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add 2 ounces of Wild Turkey and 1 ounce of Cranberry Juice. Then fill the glass with the Drinking Gravy. Stir gently to mix the ingredients. Add a dollop of mashed potatoes, and garnish with a turkey bone.

This can't be real!!??? LOL

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
LOL :yum: I never ever heard the term "Drinking Gravy" before. I've drank wild turkey and cranberry on occasion but never ever heard of having it with drinking gravy! :puke1: :puke1:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
I agree with GTS - any cold meat/gravy substance is not appealing. I once made a macaroni salad recipe from Sunset Magazine that included what could only be called cold bacon gravy. Bleecchhh! I posted something about it to the "other" cooking board under the title "Don't make this recipe" and got roundly scolded for it. I think I'll pass on this Thanksgiving treat - just goes to show that there is always something new under the sun (or old, I guess).

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
! I posted something about it to the "other" cooking board under the title "Don't make this recipe" and got roundly scolded for it.

Gee, I only got reprimanded over there for posting scientifically accurate data concerning knives because cheap POS blades were "good enough for them".
:wave: bye bye you turkeys. I hope you're secretly reading this in your paranoidal way. :wave:

As to gravy in my booze - not gonna happen. :dizzy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with GTS - any cold meat/gravy substance is not appealing. I once made a macaroni salad recipe from Sunset Magazine that included what could only be called cold bacon gravy.
Do you still know the recipe?
I'd like to see it just for the hell of it :lol:

Gee, I only got reprimanded over there for posting scientifically accurate data concerning knives because cheap POS blades were "good enough for them".
:wave: bye bye you turkeys. I hope you're secretly reading this in your paranoidal way. :wave:

As to gravy in my booze - not gonna happen. :dizzy:

:thumb::thumb: Paranoidal, name-calling, gossiping way. Ditto to both, Buzz.

I would rather try a (smashing) Pumpkin Martini (I saw on FN's The Best Thing I Ever Ate).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-best-thing-i-ever-ate/that-im-thankful-for/index.html

Last edited:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sass Muffin said:
Do you still know the recipe?
I'd like to see it just for the hell of it

No, I just went back and looked at the thread, and I never did post the recipe. It basically involved frying bacon, making a roux, adding vinegar and other liquids (can't remember) and adding that to macaroni. Jerry took one bite and said, "Hmmm. Tastes like cold bacon gravy." And it did. But I got scolded for "not following the recipe" (not true), "serving it at the wrong temperature" (not true) and being too negative (maybe true.) The recipe came from Sunset Magazine, so it may be on their website somewhere - Macaroni Bacon Salad.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Isn't that funny? I started reading the reviews and thought, "Wait a minute! That person had the same reaction I did!" Oh. It was me.