What's Cooking today, Ray ?? Sunday 12/9 - Saturday 12-15

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
corn flake oven fried chicken - this is now one of my favs...
(air drying - 1- to 10 minutes sticks the crust more better)

IMG_0957[1].jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Crispy skin pan sauteed/oven roasted chicken thighs, steamed and drizzled with a bit of butter, potato, onion, fennel gratin.

Attachments

• 2018-12-12 18.48.49.jpg
    2018-12-12 18.48.49.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 108

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i've a PCP appointment, so we may swing by an area to dine w/in their hospital;-- they've got 2, & their food is sufficient--

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's good old number 8's and the Warden's Meatballs from the Freezer, Air-Fried, and a Mozzarella 'Salad'....

Only 6 more of those balls left .... gonna miss them when they're gone...

Eye Injection this morning at ten.... useless for the rest of the day, so it's probably gonna be Chinese tonight.... "Suplise !"

Salad, Mozzarella & Tomato.jpg

Spaghetti & Meatballs.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Change of plans here.
DIL and I were out and about paying bills together, then stopped at Subway.
I got a foot long black forest ham with mucho toppings.
I'll eat mine later.

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Craig made his sausage gravy to top Alton Brown's recipe of biscuits he made up. He also had a couple of fried eggs on his plate. I cut up the watermelon and washed the blackberries, whew so much work!

Attachments

• 2018-12-13 17.04.14.jpg
    2018-12-13 17.04.14.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 103

Embryodad

So many everybody delicious looking foods here!

I made Philly cheesesteaks wit the works.......
DD is grilling her chicken on the new P O S ( as she claims ) indoor electric grill.
I paid $49 bucks on amazoo .....so what more can we ask for.
I used it last night to make a steak that DW picked me up at the PA Dutch market yesterday, and I HAD NOoooo Problem. It took a little more time, but it cooked the steak perfectly.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Last night was Pot roast, mashed red and Yukon potatoes, frozen spinach and wine, mushroom & onion au jus.

pot_roast_121218_IMG_5164.JPG

Johnny West

corn flake oven fried chicken - this is now one of my favs...
(air drying - 1- to 10 minutes sticks the crust more better)

View attachment 29709

OH, MAN!! That takes me back to the late 60's. I learned to do that from a gal that I used to field trial Lab's with. I lived with my grandmother at the time and we started doing chicken like that. I'd make it for picnics with the gal I was dating at the time. I think I have the recipe in one of my church cookbooks, someplace. Thanks for posting that, Chowder.

Johnny West

Yesterday, I went to Tacoma Mall to Christmas shop and had lunch at the sushi place outside of Nordstom's. I had ikura, my favorite, and udon. The tea was very grassy tasting not to my liking. The udon had imitation crab and won't order the "crab" again.

Attachments

• #####Ikura.jpg
    #####Ikura.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 89
  • #####Udon.jpg
    #####Udon.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 84

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, I went to Tacoma Mall to Christmas shop and had lunch at the sushi place outside of Nordstom's. I had ikura, my favorite, and udon. The tea was very grassy tasting not to my liking. The udon had imitation crab and won't order the "crab" again.

faux crab makes me so 'meh'-- crab is crab-- chopping/forming cheap seafood & adding meat-glue makes not 4 crabmeat-- ugh~~

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterdays Pot Roast is today's Vegetable Soup- w/ Sushi.

Attachments

• 1frsop.jpg
    1frsop.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1.2 frisus.jpg
    1.2 frisus.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 89

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Went to the restaurant supply place today. They had wild caught, dry pack diver scallops. Picked up a pound. Crudo prep with citrus juices, hot pepper, garlic, S and P. Seared scallops on a simple risotto finished with lemon zest and juice.

Attachments

• 2018-12-14 17.59.27.jpg
    2018-12-14 17.59.27.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2018-12-14 18.18.31.jpg
    2018-12-14 18.18.31.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 88

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I went to McDonald's today while I was out Christmas shopping.
The smokehouse bacon burger is divine.
Bacon jam!

Resized_20181215_150416_7310-768x768.jpg

Last edited:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Went to the restaurant supply place today. They had wild caught, dry pack diver scallops. Picked up a pound. Crudo prep with citrus juices, hot pepper, garlic, S and P. Seared scallops on a simple risotto finished with lemon zest and juice.

Thank You Med, you gave me good Idea for our Sunday Dinner. I believe we are going to do Scallops, Mussels, Clams & Shrimp.
Friday & Saturday I do not cook much- I did have a Beef Vegetable, & Chicken Noodle soup made, In containers in Fridge.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday's Grilled Sirloin, Garlic Fries, Chopped Collards w/ Bacon, Tri-color Pasta salad...

Salad, Tri-Color Pasta.jpg

Steak, Sirloin.jpg

Last edited: