Tattoos ?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks!
The day I went to get that tattoo, there were a bunch of college kids in there getting piercings and such.
One gal looked at me and asked me what I was having done.
I said "well Granny's gonna get a tattoo" lol
Actually, the initial idea was to get a smiling shamrock with Steve's name on or around it, then I decided on something with a heart, which Charlie helped me design.

I forget it's there most of the time, and always say that when I am old and gray, the only peeps to see it will be the nurses who roll my ass over to wipe it in a nursing home.

;)

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't have any either but I like them. My 2 oldest sons each have one tattoo. My DIL has a bunch, but I've only seen 2. My dad was in the navy for 21 years so he had lots of them, too.

lilylove

Me either Sushi and often wonder what these girls with tattoos and boob job will look like when they get into their '70s. Can you image a '70 year old deifying gravity and body paintings. :yum:

I can tell you!! My mom in one of her not so smart moments got some cherries on her boobie....lol....she now has HOT PEPPERS!!!!!

I don't have any but want to get a humming bird in honor of my grandmother. If I ever do it will be a small one and will be on the inside of my left leg right about the ankle. Haven't found one that is special enought yet... I'll know it when I see it.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
No tatts, came close, my friend owns a tat parlor in Canada and when they came to Austin a few years ago for a tat convention, I was close to getting one.

Anywho... don't have any and don't have any desire to get any. I don't have any problems with folks that do have them. I appreciate the artwork, but I like it better when it is not on humans.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
No tats here either, not a fan of them. DW doesn't have any either, heck she doesn't even have pierced ears!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife has pierced ears but nothing else. Now my kids and grand kids never mind with one grand son that couldn't pass though a metal detector with out taking out pins all over him. Piercing anything other than ears just seems dumb to me and I know that will get some heat but I can't see sticking something through a part of your body just for the hell of it.

Love2"Q"

My wife has pierced ears but nothing else. Now my kids and grand kids never mind with one grand son that couldn't pass though a metal detector with out taking out pins all over him. Piercing anything other than ears just seems dumb to me and I know that will get some heat but I can't see sticking something through a part of your body just for the hell of it.

but its ok for the ears?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I guess I'm used to the ears as I hardly know a woman with out pierced ears though my wife had hers done after she had 4 kids.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I guess I'm used to the ears as I hardly know a woman with out pierced ears though my wife had hers done after she had 4 kids.

The only thing that bothers me on the piercing is the lip and eyebrow. The rest doesn't bother me, nose, tongue, naval, nipples, etc.. those don't bother me.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I'm going to go on a little rant here: may I?
A few years ago when my oldest son got married, my nephew was to be his best man.
He (nephew) was told to take the eyebrow ring off and to cover his tattoos (per the church priest) during the wedding rehearsal.
Ryan had no problem with that and respected what the priest wanted on the wedding day.

The day of the wedding comes, and there is the daughter in law's maid of honour, big assed tattoo showing on her left chest area for all the world to see!

I found that hardly fair myself. She should have kept her tatt covered IMO.

I have no problem with piercings.. private part piercings are a little strange. lol

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Well, I'm going to go on a little rant here: may I?
A few years ago when my oldest son got married, my nephew was to be his best man.
He (nephew) was told to take the eyebrow ring off and to cover his tattoos (per the church priest) during the wedding rehearsal.
Ryan had no problem with that and respected what the priest wanted on the wedding day.

The day of the wedding comes, and there is the daughter in law's maid of honour, big assed tattoo showing on her left chest area for all the world to see!

I found that hardly fair myself. She should have kept her tatt covered IMO.

I have no problem with piercings.. private part piercing are a little strange. lol

What he was made to do, should have gone for the girls too!! that is bullshit!
for some reason, too many think that guys look like hoodlums where as girls look sexy:huh: A person is who they are, not what they look like.
I hope you didn't take what I said to heart. The lip and the eyebrow just don't interest me, it looks too painful.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
The only thing that bothers me on the piercing is the lip and eyebrow. The rest doesn't bother me, nose, tongue, naval, nipples, etc.. those don't bother me.

mrs bam has her nose pierced,tongue and ears stretched. one tattoo

she said her ears hurt more to get pierced than any other part.

nipples hurt like hell..trust me from experience..lmao

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
No tattoos here. DH was in the Navy for 9 years and doesn't have any either. Neither of us are big fans of tattoos

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I wanna get a tattoo of a big capital “W” on each butt check. One on each side.

Then when I moon somebody, it will say……………..WoW!!!!!!

buckytom

Grill Master
lol, keltin. an old friend's wife wanted a tattoo a long time ago, to his objection. since his name was bob, i told her to get a "b" tattooed on each butt cheek. :tiphat:

i've never wanted a tatt for myself, and often have found large ones horriffic on women. i remember going home with a girl years ago, and when the clothes came off, i thought i was with a side show attraction. :mellow: she had china white skin, upon which she decided to get various, huge tattoos of disney characters, tribal crap that she knew nothing about, kanji symbols on her neck and shoulders (again, no knowledge of japanese), and a huge dark blue sunburst and constellations that encompassed her entire thighs. i must have been pretty good, since i had a lot to read and ponder during the naughty...

but recently, i've been thinking of getting a tatt to honor my buddy, ozzy.
probably in english, on my arm. :smile:

e.t.a.: i think small tatt's on women are no biggie. it was just that this chick had all of this dark ink all over her.

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What’s odd is, as SK said, the idea of tats and piercings does seem to get a bit “involved”. I never really thought about it as it doesn’t bother me. I love the art and desire to push through the pain to capture that personal feeling and memory forever via the hands of a skilled artist. I don’t have tats, but I respect the desire.

BUT…….since we have some vocals on the thought that tats and piercings are just wrong, I have to ask. Where is the line? Let’s think about it just a moment.

Personally, there are many that try to where a mustache, goatee, or beard and should be shot for doing so. There are many that bleach their hair blond or color it red or black and all that is left is WTF? Many tuck their shirts in when they shouldn’t, use freaking hair gel, have damn ponytails when their dome is shining, wear clothing WAY too tight, etc, etc, etc.

Look, shave your face, untuck your shirt, buy clothes that fit, and move on.

It kills me that some can point at art ink as a detractor and not see the obvious common sense markers that everyone spots every day looking in their own mirrors or closets.

Ever think of that?

Oh wait, I hear it now…..but tats are forever…..and so are some of these dumbass goatee wearing habits that some really need to man up to and let it go already. Stop the bleaching and coloring, untuck your shirt, drop the comb-over and buzz your head already, let’s think about it. If we’re gonna point the finger at body art, let’s get deep on how we dress, treat, and display our bodies on the whole.

I’ve NEVER seen a good comb-over, but I have seen some awesome tattoos!

Just because Vin-Diesel looks great bald, or Al Pacino sports a mean goatee doesn’t mean everyone can.

Think about it.

It just struck me as odd that some were so vocal here about the tats when there is so much more to consider.

Rant off.

homecook

I don't have any tattoos and neither does dh. Dd and ds both do. My son got his when he graduated high school (I wouldn't allow it beforehand). It's still a work in progress as he didn't realize how expensive they could be. lol He did his in memory of his best friend that committed suicide 3 years ago. He also gauges his ears, which I find disgusting but that's him. He also shaves the sides and back of his hair and has this spiky thing going on top that he dyed red! To each his own I say!! I don't approve of it and he knows that but he's the sweetest kid and I love him no matter what. This is him last night........he was going to a "Twisted" concert!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 110

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I don't have any tattoos and neither does dh. Dd and ds both do. My son got his when he graduated high school (I wouldn't allow it beforehand). It's still a work in progress as he didn't realize how expensive they could be. lol He did his in memory of his best friend that committed suicide 3 years ago. He also gauges his ears, which I find disgusting but that's him. He also shaves the sides and back of his hair and has this spiky thing going on top that he dyed red! To each his own I say!! I don't approve of it and he knows that but he's the sweetest kid and I love him no matter what. This is him last night........he was going to a "Twisted" concert!!
My son used to shave the sides of his head like that for years, except he left the top part really long so when it hung down, you didn't know it was all shaved underneath til the wind blew! Here's the funny part - after a few years he stopped shaving it and it grew in very, very curly and would only grow maybe an inch. I swear, it's still that way to this day. It looks like he has pubic hair on the sides of his head!

BTW, your son is really cute!

homecook

Thanks Sass and FM! He was trying to spike the top last night and because it's getting long it wouldn't stay up too well. I think he used a whole jar of gel. lol Then he had me spray it!! He usually combs it down except when going out.
I just don't get the ears though.........

S.Shepherd

What’s odd is, as SK said, the idea of tats and piercings does seem to get a bit “involved”. I never really thought about it as it doesn’t bother me. I love the art and desire to push through the pain to capture that personal feeling and memory forever via the hands of a skilled artist. I don’t have tats, but I respect the desire.

BUT…….since we have some vocals on the thought that tats and piercings are just wrong, I have to ask. Where is the line? Let’s think about it just a moment.

Personally, there are many that try to where a mustache, goatee, or beard and should be shot for doing so. There are many that bleach their hair blond or color it red or black and all that is left is WTF? Many tuck their shirts in when they shouldn’t, use freaking hair gel, have damn ponytails when their dome is shining, wear clothing WAY too tight, etc, etc, etc.

Look, shave your face, untuck your shirt, buy clothes that fit, and move on.

It kills me that some can point at art ink as a detractor and not see the obvious common sense markers that everyone spots every day looking in their own mirrors or closets.

Ever think of that?

Oh wait, I hear it now…..but tats are forever…..and so are some of these dumbass goatee wearing habits that some really need to man up to and let it go already. Stop the bleaching and coloring, untuck your shirt, drop the comb-over and buzz your head already, let’s think about it. If we’re gonna point the finger at body art, let’s get deep on how we dress, treat, and display our bodies on the whole.

I’ve NEVER seen a good comb-over, but I have seen some awesome tattoos!

Just because Vin-Diesel looks great bald, or Al Pacino sports a mean goatee doesn’t mean everyone can.

Think about it.

It just struck me as odd that some were so vocal here about the tats when there is so much more to consider.

Rant off.

this goes pretty good with what you're saying

Stop judging, that you may not be judged.
For as you judge, so will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be measured out to you.
Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own eye?
How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove that splinter from your eye,’ while the wooden beam is in your eye?
You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother’s eye.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I just don't get the ears though.........

it took me awhile to get use to Mrs.Bams ears as well... but you do get use to it and now i just see it as a part of her..but HELL no she is not going any bigger..lol

right now she is 00 gauge which translates to she has a hole in each ear that is just slightly smaller than 3/8"..lol

homecook

it took me awhile to get use to Mrs.Bams ears as well... but you do get use to it and now i just see it as a part of her..but HELL no she is not going any bigger..lol

right now she is 00 gauge which translates to she has a hole in each ear that is just slightly smaller than 3/8"..lol

:yum: Son has been told while living in this house he WILL NOT go bigger. I'll have to ask him when he gets up what size they are.....I think they're bigger than your wife's though.