Good Buy

LADawg

Rouses (they are a Louisiana based up scale supermarket) opened a store in Gulf Shores last fall. While maybe a little on the pricey side they have VERY good MEAT and I find my self checking their ads and driving the 8 or so miles down there at least two or three time a month.
I went down there last Sat. because they had choice rib eyes for $7.99 a pound. I bought a pack of 4 nice steaks, but what really caught my eye was there was 3 or 4 packages of BEEF FILETS, each containing 2 filets that were marked down from $19.99 a pound to $9.99 a pound. The 2 steaks cost less than $10. Just had to buy one package. (should have bought them all). I cooked them for our meal that day and they were OUTSTANDING!:clap::clap:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
good prices!

I've been using our local butcher almost exclusively since Giant impaled itself on the cheap meat sword.

picked up two pork chops - much more marbling than the typical "commercial" pork of today....

Attachments

• DSC_3579.jpg
    DSC_3579.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 143

LADawg

Those pork chops do look GOOD!
We lived in Jackson, MS for about 30 years before we moved down here in Lower Alabama. Crystal Springs, MS is located about 20 miles down I-55 south of Jackson.
I would drive down there about once a month to a place out in the country named Wilson's Meat House. They raised and butchered their own hogs. Best Pork Chops that I have ever eaten. Of course they had beef and chickens too, but it was the pork that keep me coming back. Great smoked sausage, pork butts and ribs.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My mouth just watered, Chowder - and the chop isn't even cooked yet!

Lee