Ying to your Yang...The Happy Thread

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I am thrilled that my mom will no longer need skilled nursing care because she is bouncing as I had hoped.:bouncy:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Yes, Calicolady. No one expected my mom to survive this last hospitalization.

Sorry about Monk.

PanchoHambre

Great to hear Susan. I know the ups and downs have been rough on you.

Ok its been a rough week... positive spin...

I managed to speak to my brother today without getting really mad and he seems to be OK... I managed to avoid pointing out that he is totally full of s**t

My job is busy and my schedule seems full for the next two weeks which is good because times are rough

My contractor friend while agonizingly slow has done a really nice job with the new fence... and the evil landlord behind me actually apologized to him for being such a b***h after seeing the awesome work he did.

I did not kill my dogs tonight despite what I came home to

My best local buddy comes is back from vacation tomorrow

It is friday

My dinner came perfect.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I just finished a take-out tossed salad that had a little scoop of chicken salad and a hard boiled egg on it. It hit the spot and I'm happy about that.

(boy, I really gotta get out more. ) :mellow:

Lee

Lefty

Yank
Well while this will sound like it should be in the pissed off thread, we got hammered with 10 inches of snow. The big wet heavy snow. What was cool was 2 times while out shoveling someone (good samaritan) saw me and waved to me to move over and they plowed me out. In Maine at the height of the storm 120000 people with out power. I feel real lucky that I still have power. :applause:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh man, Lefty, I was just watching that story on the news!

Good that you have power and really nice about getting plowed out by some kind soul!

Lee

Lefty

Yank
Oh man, Lefty, I was just watching that story on the news!

Good that you have power and really nice about getting plowed out by some kind soul!

Lee
Yes it was Lee, I am thinking its a sign the Yankees will win it all this year. :yum:

lilylove

I'm in MX!
The waves are crashing
The people are smiling
The sun is shining
The sand is hot
the tequlia is pouring
the rum is flowing
The life is good!!!
The food is making my chunking butt chunkier!
What's not to smile about?

lilylove

Sunday... I was sharing beers with a unknown very nice mexican man at a parade! Twas a fun night! Yippeeeeeee!!! lolololol!!!!

PanchoHambre

Yay.... I got the new key for my car on Friday

Was able to order it overnight from Mercedes for $20... way cheaper than I thought it would be... thank god I dont have one of those new fangeled chip keys... and it Worked... I was scared because the car is 20yo so I was banking on the fact that it had never been rekeyed.

Monday I will go order another so the same disaster does not befall me again.

Calicolady

I'm happy for you Ponch. And it's a new month and startin' out good for you.

Mine Happy was the books I bought yesterday, but never thought about coming here.
Next time.

homecook

Yeah Pancho........glad things worked out!

Calico, I'd be happy too with all those books, great deal!

Barb

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
It is March and although we shall be getting more cold and snow, we are that much closer to spring.
My mom didn't have to stay in the hospital and is on antibiotics and she ate better yesterday and mentally she was doing better.
I am lucky to have the Phoenix Roastery where I can purchase small batch professionally roasted coffee for my regular cuppa joe.
I found you guys who seem to understand the kind of stress that I have been under and make allowances for it.
I get to talk baking and help folks find recipes and learn more food history and lately I am learning about knives.
I got a copper bowl--now I need the right kitchen aid mixer for it.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I found out last night that it really is true, one can't actually die from embarassment. We all make mistakes and it is o.k. to let oneself off the hook.

Now, if I could just let myself off the hook. lol I am working on it!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
HEY!!!! Susan and Panch, you teases!!

Susan, you aren't going to tell us what embarassed you?

And Pancho, you aren't going to tell us about your new project?

Great that you guys are happy, but you are just teasing us CURIOUS people!

Lee

Calicolady

You bet.
Maybe Sattie can be our middle woman for sending greetings or whatever like we ask her to do with Smoke King.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
HEY!!!! Susan and Panch, you teases!!

Susan, you aren't going to tell us what embarassed you?

And Pancho, you aren't going to tell us about your new project?

Great that you guys are happy, but you are just teasing us CURIOUS people!

Lee
That's what I was thinking - what did we miss?

suziquzie

I am incredibly happy that Kathe checked in and is ok and is having a baby GIRL!!
:)
Do babies in Florida wear sweaters? I wanna start knitting....

Oh yeah and I almost forgot.... DH just called 10 min after he left for work.... his boss called to offer him a DAYTIME job meaning if it pays enough I could go back to working 2 days a week not 4!!
AND I'd get to see him coherent more than once a week!