The Confessional

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Back to foodie confessions:
I like my local coffeehouse and roastery so much that I paid more than 4x what the coffee cost to have it sent to me in S. Fla. It is really excellent coffee.

smoke king

Banned
You old fart you!!! :yum::yum::yum::yum:

Wait......you're the same age as me!!!! :w00t:

Damn-a bunch of kids runnin' around here! When I was your age, we didn't have no fancy-schmancy stinkin' internet....and we liked it!! (I'm shaking my fist at the monitor for effect)

And get those bikes off of my lawn!!

smoke king

Banned
Hey, I remembred one today, and its a bad one.......

Back in 2002, before me and the Mrs got married, I happened upon a young lady who represented a local non-profit, and they were painting houses for elderly people.

Long story short, I got my house painted for free ! Two colors and they did the garage too!! About 25 people showed up at 7AM, they were done by 2 PM and they even brought KFC!!

Told them my "Mom" was in the hospital........

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Damn-a bunch of kids runnin' around here! When I was your age, we didn't have no fancy-schmancy stinkin' internet....and we liked it!! (I'm shaking my fist at the monitor for effect)

And get those bikes off of my lawn!!

rotflmao!!!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What’s crazy is, I remember when the “internet” was nothing more than a bunch of text BBS sites that you had to telnet to via a COM program. When the first graphical browser (Mozilla that later became FireFox) came out, we were all floored. The first site my buddy hit……Playboy. And it had pictures!! :yum:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
What’s crazy is, I remember when the “internet” was nothing more than a bunch of text BBS sites that you had to telnet to via a COM program. When the first graphical browser (Mozilla that later became FireFox) came out, we were all floored. The first site my buddy hit……Playboy. And it had pictures!! :yum:

Yup! I joined a BBS in I think 1988 or 1989 and found people that sharred the love of Doctor Who. Was it really possible to do that then? :huh: It HAD to be because I remember I just started to drive. In fact it might have been in 1987! :shock:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
yes and ColecoVision, with a great big 3.58 MHz processor:yum:

Which actually beat the orignal Atari. What was it running, a 6502 I think? I wrote my first machine code to control a robot arm on a 6502! Wow!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Which actually beat the orignal Atari. What was it running, a 6502 I think? I wrote my first machine code to control a robot arm on a 6502! Wow!

yup 6502 then they upgraded to the 6507 which most people had because they had the atari 2600.. we had the first edition which only had 4 games i believe.

its been over 30 years i cant remember anything anymore..lol

i remember having pong and not sure of the other games if any

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
yup 6502 then they upgraded to the 6507 which most people had because they had the atari 2600.. we had the first edition which only had 4 games i believe.

Then the 8032s and 8051s came out (Intel)….which lead to the 808x family that “changed the world”. How do you know so much about HW anyway?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
our first school computer

commodore_pet4032_1.jpg