What's Cooking NCT Sunday June 15 - Saturday June 21, 2014?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
DD#2 graduated on Friday but they have project graduation and right after the ceremony they get on busses and went to a resort/spa in west milford for the night. This is to keep them from going out and drinking etc. and getting hurt. They came back at 5am. Yesterday was my anniversary and today is father's day. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... We went to Mt. Fuji Japanese steakhouse for dinner last night. Today I am making eye round roast, Yorkshire pudding, burgundy gravy, cauliflower and maybe taters. Will decide that later.

Embryodad

DD#2 graduated on Friday but they have project graduation and right after the ceremony they get on busses and went to a resort/spa in west milford for the night. This is to keep them from going out and drinking etc. and getting hurt. They came back at 5am. Yesterday was my anniversary and today is father's day. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... We went to Mt. Fuji Japanese steakhouse for dinner last night. Today I am making eye round roast, Yorkshire pudding, burgundy gravy, cauliflower and maybe taters. Will decide that later.
Well Well.... Multi Congratulations are due here peep.
Wishing DD a Great Graduation toward her endeavor's in the future.

Happy anniversary to you and Hubs....

and a happy fathers day celebration to him also.

Today I am doing 3 1/2 slabs of London Broils, and Tina made Italian Wedding Soup.
DD is baking a quiche and we will have buttered wide noodles and a ? Veggie of some sorts.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well Well.... Multi Congratulations are due here peep.
Wishing DD a Great Graduation toward her endeavor's in the future.

Happy anniversary to you and Hubs....

and a happy fathers day celebration to him also.

Today I am doing 3 1/2 slabs of London Broils, and Tina made Italian Wedding Soup.
DD is baking a quiche and we will have buttered wide noodles and a ? Veggie of some sorts.

Thank you Jimmy and a Happy Father's day to you!!

BTW today is also the anniversary of me quitting smoking 6 years ago.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy and a Happy Father's day to you!!

BTW today is also the anniversary of me quitting smoking 6 years ago.

Wow!.... that's really an accomplishment ! I will be 4 years today. It was fathers day DD and BF bought me the first e-cigg.

Haven't had an analog cigg since.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow!.... that's really an accomplishment ! I will be 4 years today. It was fathers day DD and BF bought me the first e-cigg.

Haven't had an analog cigg since.

:clap: congrats Jimmy!!

I haven't had any cigs of any form. I don't think those other things were around back when I quit. Just the patches and gum and pills. I did it cold turkey.

Moxie

I quit 10 yeas ago this month, and put on 50 pounds. This month I have decided to quit using that as an excuse, and I am going to take off the excess weight.

Just rejoined Weight Watchers.

Embryodad

We had a nice dinner for fathers day.

Maria was in a tizzy. Her BF was having a dilemma with one of the poor pigs.
She was trying to give birth, and she was too weak to push out the piglets.

She was only a year old, and much too young for birth.
Lenny tried to help her internally, but it is turning out they may have to end it all.

Anyway... there was so much leftover London Broil, and what is shown on the pictures, is the leftovers. Son Jimmy wasn't around. He is in the Bahamas. LOL

Maria made Quiche 3 different kinds.

We had a ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery, and a cake from Weis supermarkets.

there were buttered noodles too.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yeah! moxie~ :clap: a health improvement also improves u-- & energy, & an inner-:) as u see urself pushing on toward that goal.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Congratulations on the graduations, anniversaries, ditching the cig's, and Father's Day to all.

Dinner last night was pork chops, fresh turnip greens, and baby new potatoes.

Great looking london broil, Jimmy. I'd take a big pile of that warmed up meat, melt some cheese on it, put it on a flour tortilla, add some sauteed onions, roll it up, and dig in :brows:.

Embryodad

Congratulations on the graduations, anniversaries, ditching the cig's, and Father's Day to all.

Dinner last night was pork chops, fresh turnip greens, and baby new potatoes.

Great looking london broil, Jimmy. I'd take a big pile of that warmed up meat, melt some cheese on it, put it on a flour tortilla, add some sauteed onions, roll it up, and dig in :brows:.
Yeah!.....the meat was so tender too.

If I didn't make cheese steaks.....I would have ground it, and made chili.

Embryodad

Tonight, I fried up some onions, and made us a nice grilled burger for supper.
I had a hot dog too.Just mustard and minced onions.
Garlic deli pickles on the side.

I didn't like the hot dog buns. They were potato rolls. Too doughy and chewy.
I like the a
Arnolds split top buns better. ( New England style roll )

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
If it doesn't get to hot (it's already 88F outside) in here it will be homemade pizza (Mama Mary crust topped with goodies). It only takes 3 - 5 minutes on a heated pizza stone at 550F. BUT that may be to long if it is to hot in here. If not pizza maybe a quick "breakfast" meal.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Going to be a quick pan fried cube steaks and a side. I have a cantaloupe in the fridge for desert. Too dang hot for grilling.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT!! Sandwiches and several salads (kidney and cannellini salad and tomato salad).

Embryodad

Had to go outside to get warm. It's freezing in this house. haaaaa
Tina is all bundled up in her comforter on the ez chair sleeping.

Supper was a kielbasi sandwich. It wasn't too hot today. It made it to 84.6º But Tomorrow they say the humidity is moving in. Oh Jeepers, I just remembered, I got to get gas for the Generator in case of a power outage.

Maybe later tonight some waffles or better yet, French toast.

Good for the carbs...huh?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Stuffed tomato and salmon - I was feeling saucy last night:

StuffedTomatoandSalmon.jpg

Peep - I got as much of the seeds out as I could, but I did chop up the meat (guess that's what you call it) and add it to the stuffing.

Embryodad

Stuffed tomato and salmon - I was feeling saucy last night:

StuffedTomatoandSalmon.jpg

Peep - I got as much of the seeds out as I could, but I did chop up the meat (guess that's what you call it) and add it to the stuffing.
Looks mighty fine Cooksie....
Haven't had stuffed tomatoes, since daughter Maria made them in her Home Economics class ( cooking ) in 1993. The funny part is she HATES Whole tomatoes.

Your mention of peeps..... You should see how delicious her stuffed mushrooms look.

Anyway.....Tina made "Shepherds" Pie for tonight, and made a half for me with xtra cheese inside and on top. Geeze, I wonder why my cholesterol is high???

Embryodad

Tina made a Shepherds Pie for supper today.
It was OK, but we both agreed the mashed taters mixed with the gravy, and made it slushy sort of.
Also she used mixxed veggies, which we both like, but there were not enough of them.

Had one of those frozen hard cone ice creams for dessert.:wink:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks mighty fine Cooksie....
Haven't had stuffed tomatoes, since daughter Maria made them in her Home Economics class ( cooking ) in 1993. The funny part is she HATES Whole tomatoes.

Your mention of peeps..... You should see how delicious her stuffed mushrooms look.

Anyway.....Tina made "Shepherds" Pie for tonight, and made a half for me with xtra cheese inside and on top. Geeze, I wonder why my cholesterol is high???

Thanks Jimmy, they were good, and I'll do them again while the tomatoes look so good.

I lust after Peep's stuffed artichoke :readytoeat: - must try.

I made some sour cream chicken enchiladas last night. I figure they were pretty close to 500 calories a bite :lol:.

Embryodad

Thanks Jimmy, they were good, and I'll do them again while the tomatoes look so good.

I lust after Peep's stuffed artichoke :readytoeat: - must try.

I made some sour cream chicken enchiladas last night. I figure they were pretty close to 500 calories a bite :lol:.
Haaaaa.... If it weren't for the calories, it wouldn't taste good. That's my motto.

Tina and I have been taking Apple cider vinegar caplets to reduce our carbs intake in half. Two after each meal. I'll let us all know if it works as soon as the scale stops grunting when I step on it.

Embryodad

BURgers tonight.

#1 with thick sweet sliced onion and ketcup.

#2 with onion and tomato, and gobs of mayo.

Bushes baked beans too.

Tina ate 1/2 a burger with just ketchup.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Haaaaa.... If it weren't for the calories, it wouldn't taste good. That's my motto.

Tina and I have been taking Apple cider vinegar caplets to reduce our carbs intake in half. Two after each meal. I'll let us all know if it works as soon as the scale stops grunting when I step on it.

I've read a little about those, but I'm no means educated or even minimally educated on the subject, so don't listen to a word I say :). I thought you were supposed to take them before eating because they supposedly block the absorption of the whatevers :dizzy:.

ETA: Dinner last night was Texas Caviar on Polenta Rounds with some watermelon and feta:

TexasCaviaronPolentaRounds.jpg