Good, Relatively Cheap Tequila

FryBoy

Trader Joe's Distinqt Reposado Tequila, $19.99. Very good stuff for the price, especially if you just intend to use it in margaritas.

distinqt.sm.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good to know, Fry! I got a gift certificate to TJ's for my birthday, and may use some of it on that!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ta-Kill-ya can sure kick yer butt.
I had some of the better tequila (compared to my normal rot gut stuff) last weekend. Sammy Hager's brand: .Cabo Wabo! We drank a couple shots of it straight. :eek: And it was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it. The SIL said it was 30 bucks or more a bottle though.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I used to be a "Cuervo Gold" drinker.......... Now I'm a "Margaritaville" drinker; and i agree that tequila is best when drank all by it's-own-self.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Ta-Kill-ya can sure kick yer butt.
I had some of the better tequila (compared to my normal rot gut stuff) last weekend. Sammy Hager's brand: .Cabo Wabo! We drank a couple shots of it straight. :eek: And it was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it. The SIL said it was 30 bucks or more a bottle though.

I agree with your first sentence, Doc!

Mr. Green Jeans

1800 is my preference with limon verde and salt.

A great line on the topic: A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history-with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
~Mitch Ratcliffe

joec

Gold Site Supporter
The last time I was around anyone drinking tequila it was a brand called PM found in Texas, which is where I was at the time. Now the guy got drunk and spit on my motorcycle which got his nose bloody as well as a black eye. Later in the night he tried to sit in a chair and broke his arm. Needless to say I figure out what PM stood for and my guess was Piss and Moan. I've never aquired a taste for taquila, scotch or gin.

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Doug, if you are ever in my neck of the woods, pie is never a problem to make but I do not drink tequila anymore. Thanks anyway.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Joe,
Weather you like tequila or not, look at the great stories it generates!

I also know for a fact that tequila helps a girl's cloths come off too. So I might not drink the stuff but I am sure a fan of it and the effects. :thumb:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
joec, they use to say, "sloe gin makes a girl fast." I love that era--I was born too late.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was too but I heard it about tequila in a country song so I had to test the theory and damned it worked too. I now think back of all they years wasted with gin..... :shock:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I also know for a fact that tequila helps a girl's cloths come off too. So I might not drink the stuff but I am sure a fan of it and the effects. :thumb:
It always works like that on me!

(of course, so does water.)

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I was too but I heard it about tequila in a country song so I had to test the theory and damned it worked too. I now think back of all they years wasted with gin..... :shock:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqv-2emERFw[/ame]

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I just can't drink the stuff. lol But that means more for you and I will still make the pie--even though you did call me a communist.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I do get a headache from tequila but there is nothing like a cold margarita and a plate of Mexican food - yum! Makes the headache worth it for me!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Take care girls, when "shooting" Tequila
drink two, or three at the most,
drink four and you're
under the table,
drink five, and you're
under the host !:whistling:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I used to drink 1800, until I quit drinking tequila. That stuff really hangs with me through the next day...

waybomb

My collection....

Freda Kahlo, by far, the best. Near the back, tall bottle, you can sorta see Freda's pic on the bottle.

Second best - Black Stallion

Both have a thousand flavors in them if drank correctly

Attachments

• 49 kbTequila.jpg
    49 kbTequila.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 95