7 Foods Not To Eat.. beef, milk, apples....

High Cheese

Saucier
Canned tomatoes?

Sorry but I call
bs.gif

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So that white lining inside the more high market canned tomatoes is now considered dangerous?

phreak

Just a desk guess but the lining probably has BPA's.

edit: After reading the article it is BPA's. The experts that were consulted are in the article.

One thing I want to add about the corn fed beef I never hear anyone mention. The cattle are also fed candy. Yes candy, that is not fit for human consumption. The farm my brother used to work at would get truck loads of caramels, the tiny "marshmellow" from cereal etc. that was not fit for human consumption. They mixed it with their feed to fatten up the beasts.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Yup, article claims 1 can of maters can give you "significant amount" of BPA's.
Apples and taters absorb pesticides..
Corn fed beef is unnatural and low in vitamins, etc
Ditto farmed salmon...
Microwave popcorn bag linings have evil contaminants...

Sad truth is that most people can't afford to avoid these and similar foods.
Eating organic and "natural" is just too expensive.... IMHO of course

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes BPA's are the problem there as well as some canned soups. I saw a thing on TV a while back that listed Progressos Vegetable soup as having the highest BPA's due to the can of any food tested.

I still used canned tomatoes though and can't imagine not since I've never seen jarred tomatoes except those canned at home.

suziquzie

Avoiding everything under the sun (AND the sun) that could make you sick makes no difference when you get hit by a bus walking across the street to the shaded organic market with your hemp shopping bag.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Besides we will all die someday regardless of how much we fight it. Now the average live span in the US at the turn of the 20th century was the late 40's today it is late 70's so I figure I'm doing better than I would have in the century I was born and may make the current rate though I still have a little ways to go. Stress over this stuff will also kill you if you let it get to you.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It kind of reminds me of when I worked at Turkey Point during the replacement of their nuclear steam generators. It seems they didn't allow women of child bearing age to work there unless they could prove they couldn't have children, no one under 18 years old even allowed to visit. The older you where the more radiation you could take in a given period of time as. The formula they used to figure this was how long would it take for the given amount of radiation to have an effect on a person. Based on this and your expected life span is what they based all the calculations on.

My wife will be treated with an iodine isotope for her thyroid next month. She won't be allowed to have children around her at all for 10 days, must sleep in a separate bed than me, eat off plastic plates and flat ware, bagging it after she is finished in a sealed bag. No physical contact with me for the 10 days either and has to clean the bathroom she uses after each use. Now the pets are no problem as their life spans are under 20 years hence they won't contact a harmful dose of radiation from her unlike the grand kids will.