6 cloves garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
5-6 red Thai peppers
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons lemongrass, minced
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 lbs pork spareribs, cut into pieces that will fit into a large ziploc bag

In a food processor blend the sugar, garlic, peppers, cilantro, and onion. Stir in the fish sauce, lemongrass, ginger and black pepper.

Place ribs into a large ziploc bag and pour marinade into bag over ribs. Remove air from bag to ensure marinade is covering all the ribs, seal and refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours.

Grill the ribs over charcoal for the best flavor. Use the remaining marinade to baste the ribs as you grill them. Discard any unused marinade.

PanchoHambre

Hey this sounds good. Have you used it to make the thin sliced Vietnamese pork that would go in sandwiches or on top of noodles?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Hey this sounds good. Have you used it to make the thin sliced Vietnamese pork that would go in sandwiches or on top of noodles?

no i never even thought of using it for that...

i use to eat that in california when i bought it at the asian markets and was craving it the other day...thanks, will be on my list to do with my own recipe..lol

PanchoHambre

no i never even thought of using it for that...

i use to eat that in california when i bought it at the asian markets and was craving it the other day...thanks, will be on my list to do with my own recipe..lol

Cool if you do come up with a recipe post it up:respect:

Houston's Vietnam-town they made these awesome po-boys with the marinated pork, fish sauce, cilantro, jalepeno & I think shredded carrots and stuff OMG I miss them... my a Vietnamese friend of mine's mom (who was a major foodie and really good cook) made them once for me.