Too many strawberries!!!!

suziquzie

..... and not very sweet... :(

I went picking this morning with my Mom and the kids, she paid, I figured she'd take at least half.... she didnt.

Does someone have a good jam recipe? Will they work in jam ok if I freeze them til I find one?

:bonk: :oops:
shoulda done homework FIRST!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I think I posted my jam recipe and I have never used frozen berries. The fact that they aren't sweet means there will be more natural pectin in them.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Strawberry jam is good. We also freeze the strawberries when we have got a lot so we can use them in jam later.

pugger

This whole thread has me hungry. I would like toasted english muffins, w/ butter & strawberry jam/preserves, please. Along w/ light & fluffy scrambled eggs (not runny) and I'm pretty easy on a choice of meat. Can somebody get that to me right away? I think it may just help me overcome the headaches besieging me the last couple of days. :chef:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
This whole thread has me hungry. I would like toasted english muffins, w/ butter & strawberry jam/preserves, please. Along w/ light & fluffy scrambled eggs (not runny) and I'm pretty easy on a choice of meat. Can somebody get that to me right away? I think it may just help me overcome the headaches besieging me the last couple of days. :chef:

Make that an order for two please :wink:

AllenOK

Slice 'em, then pack into gallon ziplocks, cover with sugar, seal and squeeze out the air. Freeze. At a later date, get some pound cake or shortcake. Thaw the berries. Make Strawberry Shortcake.

I'd like extra whip cream on mine, please.