Bought New George Foreman 360 Grill!!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I just bought this unit yesterday, but i haven't tried it out yet.

It replaces the original old medium-size one that I bought in the mid '90s. It is much larger, has 3 interchangable cooking plates and it does more than just burgers, chops and steaks. :chef:

Attachments

• 41ZlwBwNlBL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41ZlwBwNlBL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 185

Guts

George Forman makes some Good stuff. The inter changeable cooking plates, I think would be a plus. and easier to clean too. I think you should be very happy with this one.
I have GF out side BBQ paid 150.00 best BBQ I ever had To bad they don't make them any more.

FryBoy

We use our GF Grill for only one thing -- grilled sandwiches. Spray a little oil on the bread, turn it 90 degrees half way through, and it's like an American version of panini.

Shermie

Site Supporter
George Forman makes some Good stuff. The inter changeable cooking plates, I think would be a plus. and easier to clean too. I think you should be very happy with this one.
I have GF out side BBQ paid 150.00 best BBQ I ever had To bad they don't make them any more.

You mean the one that's mounted on a tall stand and looks like a charcoal grill? When did they stop making it?

I liked that one and was always tempted to get it, but never did. It can also be converted to tabletop use. must not have sold that well!

Yes FryBoy, it looks like I'll be very happy with THIS one. plugged it in to let it get hot, then unplugged it. :applause:

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I wanted something more larger and better than just for cooking burgers, chops and steaks. This one is said to have the largest largest cooking surface over their previous models.

Also, I love that all of the cooking plates are removable, allowing them to be washed by hand in the sink for quicker and easier cleanup!!

Guts

You mean the one that's mounted on a tall stand and looks like a charcoal grill? When did they stop making it?
I liked that one and was always tempted to get it, but never did. It can also be converted to tabletop use. must not have sold that well!

Sherman I have a GF Panini Grill but it was the first one that came out, it was used for every thing. I think you are going to get a lot of use out of your GF grill

The BBQ I was talking about looks like this;

I also have a Star® Panini grill but only use it when cooking for more than my self.

pic;

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 176

Shermie

Site Supporter
I thought that it was the round one. That one still might be in production.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Shermie, I'd like to have something like this, since I don't own an outdoor "grill"..
One little unit to use, then store after cleaning.
I prefer kitchen gadgets over something that sits outside and would never be used.
Trust me, I'd never use an outdoor grill with it being just me mostly that I am cooking for.
.... and yes, I do realize the Foreman doesn't lend that gawjus smokey, char-grilled flayyvaah!:lol:

Shermie

Site Supporter
THIS is tghe one that I was trying to describe. it looks like a kettle grill.
According to Epinions.com, it is still in production. :chef:

Attachments

• 20759052-177x150-0-0.jpg
    20759052-177x150-0-0.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 169

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's the one that I USED to have.

I liked it, but it was very limited. Could only do burgers, chicken pieces, fish fillets and sammies.

Gave it to a friend up the street, He LOVES it and uses it every chance he gets! :)

With the new one (picture at the top of this page, I can even make waffles! I bought to optional 2-pc plate set for baking waffles. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 41FZBYQE5CL__SS400_.jpg
    41FZBYQE5CL__SS400_.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
We use our GF Grill for only one thing -- grilled sandwiches. Spray a little oil on the bread, turn it 90 degrees half way through, and it's like an American version of panini.

The manual that came with mine warns against using a cooking spray for the plates.

Something about the spray rendering the non-stick qualities of the cooking plates useless.

So I just use a little oil on the flat plate when cooking things like eggs, pancakes, etc.. :bbq:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I have heard the theory that lecithin - an emulsifier in the spray can stuff - is the culprit in formation of the non-removable "brown layer" on non-sitck/PTFE surfaces.

which is typically the downfall of my el'cheapo Teflon fry pans. regardless of cost or brand, the non-stick seems to always go away, sooner or later.

so I just buy the $10-12 PTFE pans and when they go from non-stick to super-stick, I toss them.

I've noticed since using only an olive oil spritzer, the brown build up is much retarded. I'd hazard to say the pans last twice as long as when I used the oh-so-convenient canned spray stuff.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I noticed that happening even with pans that don't have the nonstick coating, like baking & roasting pans.

In time, it is almost like using the olive oil, letting it build up in the frying pans and forming the brown residue.

I just use some Dawn Power Dissolver to remove it and the pans are like new again. I've also used it on my George Foreman 360 grill's cooking plates as well. But there ARE some George Foreman scouring pads that you can get to clean the cooking plates.

But just a quick soaking in some hot soapy water does the trick. Stuck-on food residue comes right off!!