Who eats this stuff (Things that you wouldn't eat)?!!!

thegrindre

But moderation is key. Too much of it is not good.
That's ridiculous. How much is too much? I put it on most everything and even lick the knife. Been eating butter for over 60 years.
What's too much? I eat butter every day. I love butter.
I don't understand this moderation thing everybody keep using as an excuse.
Butter is good for you, margarine is not.

:)

Shermie

Site Supporter
That's ridiculous. How much is too much? I put it on most everything and even lick the knife. Been eating butter for over 60 years.
What's too much? I eat butter every day. I love butter.
I don't understand this moderation thing everybody keep using as an excuse.
Butter is good for you, margarine is not.

You're right!

Butter IS good for you and is better than oleomargerine.

But still, like most everything else, it has to be eaten in moderation. I'm not trying to stop you from doing it. Eat all you want, as much as you want.

Butter DOES have that irresistable unmistakable flavor and taste that's described and unmatched by no other fat, but it is an animal fat, which is usually high in cholesterol.

Here's an exerpt from Cardio Vascular Institute in a literature pamplet in collaboration with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, given to me by my nutristionist, who, in turn, was suggested that I see by my cardilologist.

It reads as follows;

Fats and oils - How do they affect cholesterol?

Eating a lot ofthe wrong kind of fat raises the choolesterol level. One of the best ways to lower your cholesterol level is to avoid foods that are high in saturated and transfat, and to use unsaturated fats instead. (Examples are listed on page 4.)

Saturated fats, like stick butter, are more solid; unsaturated fats like olive oil or liquid margerine, are more liquid. Saturated and transfat raise your blood cholesterol more than anything else you eat - even more then cholesterol itself!

Unsaturated fats do not raise cholesterol and may even lower cholesteral in the blood. But remember, that unsaturated fats are still high in calories!
Eating a lot of any kind of fat leads to being overweight, and even THAT will raise your colesterol.

From page 4;

Saturated fats raise cholesterol!

These items should be limited in your diet;

meat
butter
high-fat cheese
milk - whole and 2%
condensed or sweetened milk
cream
ice cream
coconut oil
palm oil

Unsaturated fats;

When you need a fatk, choose unsaturated!

Monosaturated fats;

olive oil
peanut oil
avocados
canola oil
peanut butter or other nut butters
nuts (in moderation)

Polyunsaturated fats;

sunflower oil
corn oil
sesame oil
safflower oil
soybean oil
tub or liquid magerine

*Some low-fat options are higher in sodium. Thyese foods SHOULD BE CONSUMED IN MODERATION. Check the labels for sodium content. Follow you doctor's advice about sodium.

So you see, Grindre, I'm not making any of this up.

Even the fats that are low in cholesterol should be used and eaten sparingly. What do you think? :neutral:

Last edited:

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
No spam, oysters, eggplant. Used to buy spam for my mother and checker made fun of me. Bought Marlboros for her too!

thegrindre

You're right!

Butter IS good for you and is better than oleomargerine.

But still, like most everything else, it has to be eaten in moderation. I'm not trying to stop you from doing it. Eat all you want, as much as you want.

Butter DOES have that irresistable unmistakable flavor and taste that's described and unmatched by no other fat, but it is an animal fat, which is usually high in cholesterol.

Here's an exerpt from Cardio Vascular Institute in a literature pamplet in collaboration with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, given to me by my nutristionist, who, in turn, was suggested that I see by my cardilologist.

It reads as follows;

Fats and oils - How do they affect cholesterol?

Eating a lot ofthe wrong kind of fat raises the choolesterol level. One of the best ways to lower your cholesterol level is to avoid foods that are high in saturated and transfat, and to use unsaturated fats instead. (Examples are listed on page 4.)

Saturated fats, like stick butter, are more solid; unsaturated fats like olive oil or liquid margerine, are more liquid. Saturated and transfat raise your blood cholesterol more than anything else you eat - even more then cholesterol itself!

Unsaturated fats do not raise cholesterol and may even lower cholesteral in the blood. But remember, that unsaturated fats are still high in calories!
Eating a lot of any kind of fat leads to being overweight, and even THAT will raise your colesterol.

From page 4;

Saturated fats raise cholesterol!

These items should be limited in your diet;

meat
butter
high-fat cheese
milk - whole and 2%
condensed or sweetened milk
cream
ice cream
coconut oil
palm oil

Unsaturated fats;

When you need a fatk, choose unsaturated!

Monosaturated fats;

olive oil
peanut oil
avocados
canola oil
peanut butter or other nut butters
nuts (in moderation)

Polyunsaturated fats;

sunflower oil
corn oil
sesame oil
safflower oil
soybean oil
tub or liquid magerine

*Some low-fat options are higher in sodium. Thyese foods SHOULD BE CONSUMED IN MODERATION. Check the labels for sodium content. Follow you doctor's advice about sodium.

So you see, Grindre, I'm not making any of this up.

Even the fats that are low in cholesterol should be used and eaten sparingly. What do you think? :neutral:
I'm obviously :beatdeadhorse5: , but if you insist on believing that government approved, chemically induced, vitamin and mineral fortified fake food is better for you then real, God given food is, then go for it.
You won't catch me eatin' it.

That's all I have to say about it. :biggrin:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I'm just trying to do the right thing, because I want to live longer.

I never once said that fake food is better. Anything & everything that we eat is inspected and certified for consumption by the USDA before it even comes to the stores for sale.

I lost both my parents when they were in their 50s. Lost one of my brothers, and he was only 43 when he died!

I'm trying my best not to go the same route that they chose to live. I've drastically cut back on eating so much. I do a lot of walking and drink lots of water. And since I've changed my eating habits, I've lost 0ver 20lbs.

I'm signing up for excercise at a gym in my neighborhood to lose even more weight. I'm so sick to death of my back hurting all the time when I walk!! I don't want to be obese any more. I want to be like normal people.

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've never eaten raw clams either. Always had them cooked - steamed or fried.

I don't eat raw seafood at all!! Unhealthy!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I'm obviously :beatdeadhorse5: , but if you insist on believing that government approved, chemically induced, vitamin and mineral fortified fake food is better for you then real, God given food is, then go for it.
You won't catch me eatin' it.

That's all I have to say about it. :biggrin:
AMEN! If the gubmit has their filthy hands in the decision making process anything, you can be assured there will be a high failure rate attributed to junk research by some favored vendor, larger donor/supporter, stinking relative, etc. No bias to political party, just facts based on decades of supporting data for both parties.If you want it screwed up, give it to the gubmit.

Okra is at the top of my "DO NOT EAT" list. Tripe stew, spam on a flat top grill and raw oysters on the half shell top my list of favorite foods. Margarine is a lubricant for machinery, not a food. Flies will not even eat it.

Shermie

Site Supporter
AMEN! If the gubmit has their filthy hands in the decision making process anything, you can be assured there will be a high failure rate attributed to junk research by some favored vendor, larger donor/supporter, stinking relative, etc. No bias to political party, just facts based on decades of supporting data for both parties.If you want it screwed up, give it to the gubmit.

Okra is at the top of my "DO NOT EAT" list. Tripe stew, spam on a flat top grill and raw oysters on the half shell top my list of favorite foods. Margarine is a lubricant for machinery, not a food. Flies will not even eat it.

You couldn't PAY me enough to eat tripe, Spam or raw oysters!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

High Cheese

Saucier
Awe hell no!!!!!! I wouldn't even eat that THEN!!!

There are many other things that you can get your hands on to eat if you were that hungry. NOT THAT!!!

Even those pic look horrible, creepy and horrendous!!! I had to get off that page because those pics of it was beginning to make me throw up!!! :yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk::yuk:

Wow. Those are harsh words for what's considered normal in another culture.

PanchoHambre

Balut - i just don't think I could

But Egg Salad is a close second

and Liver in any form but Pate

Raw seafood on the other hand:piesmiley1:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Egg salad; yes.

Calf or beef liver with sauteed onions and gray; yes.

Balut; NOT!!!!!!

Raw seafood; NOT!!!!!!

thegrindre

Although I've never eaten it nor do I want to but I see nothing wrong with Balut. If you eat duck, (which I don't), what matter does its age make, young or old?

Oh, I'm making egg salad as we speak.

But I won't put Brussels sprouts in my mouth. Nasty stuff...

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
It just looks HORRENDOUS and too gross to put in my mouth!! I don't even like the LOOK of it!

I'd probably puke just THINKNG about it!!!

Brussels sprouts are good. They're from the cabbage family.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
fake sugar packets. my Aunt used to keep packets of aspartame in her purse, & i found the stuff to be cloyingly sweet, yet bitter, too. was nothing similar to actual sugar, & a pkt. of real sugar has very few Kcals, anyhow. i hear that pseudo-sugar actually leads to weight gain.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Pure cane sugar is steady coming back as a real sweetener in regular sodas and other sweet products.

High fructose corn syrup is or seems to be on its way out as far as it being used as an ingrient in a host of consumer products. heath awarnness advocates have made it know that this ingredient is not a favorable one, especially in cold cereals for children.

Nutrasweet was suposed to have been more healthy when iyt was first introduced in the early '80s. Now Splenda is supposed to be better, but i think that is just speculation right now.

PanchoHambre

Pure cane sugar is steady coming back as a real sweetener in regular sodas and other sweet products.

High fructose corn syrup is or seems to be on its way out as far as it being used as an ingrient in a host of consumer products. heath awarnness advocates have made it know that this ingredient is not a favorable one, especially in cold cereals for children.

Nutrasweet was suposed to have been more healthy when iyt was first introduced in the early '80s. Now Splenda is supposed to be better, but i think that is just speculation right now.

just stick with sugar or preferably Honey or even Molasses

all that other stuff is weird science - unless you have a real health issue where you have to control sugar (my diabetic brother relies on diet stuff alot)

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Truvia, Idea and Stevia are better sugar subs.

And now there is there is Nectresse from Splenda:

NECTRESSE™ Sweetener tastes like sugar and is naturally
zero calories per serving. How? We started with the deliciously
sweet extract of monk fruit and combined it with the perfect
blend of other natural sweeteners. It's 100% natural with
nothing artificial. You're going to love the way it tastes.

http://www.nectresse.com/?utm_sourc...MCquQG8|pcrid|16318710633|pkw|nectresse|pmt|p

Bells

Nectresse contains other additives besides monk fruit

But monk fruit is not the only ingredient in Nectresse, nor is it even the primary ingredient. The first and most abundant ingredient in Nectresse is actually erythritol, a sugar alcohol commonly derived from corn, the vast majority of which has been genetically modified (GM) in the U.S. And the second ingredient in Nectresse is sugar, which is refined and more than likely comes from GM sugar beets.

The third ingredient in Nectresse is monk fruit, which McNeil explains is extracted using a natural process involving both water and heat rather than chemicals -- this is good. But the fourth and final ingredient in Nectresse is molasses, which once again is a sugar that more than likely was derived from GM sugar beets -- producers that use sugar from sugar cane, after all, typically indicate this on their ingredient labels.

Nectresse, not so natural after all

So three out of the four ingredients used in Nectresse appear to be derived from bioengineered crops, and two of these ingredients are refined sugars. And since erythritol is a sugar alcohol, as well as the most abundant ingredient in Nectresse, McNeil can legally claim under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines that Nectresse contains zero calories per serving.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036719_Splenda_Nectresse_ingredients.html#ixzz2MCnwEJrw

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Nectresse contains other additives besides monk fruit

But monk fruit is not the only ingredient in Nectresse, nor is it even the primary ingredient. The first and most abundant ingredient in Nectresse is actually erythritol, a sugar alcohol commonly derived from corn, the vast majority of which has been genetically modified (GM) in the U.S. And the second ingredient in Nectresse is sugar, which is refined and more than likely comes from GM sugar beets.

The third ingredient in Nectresse is monk fruit, which McNeil explains is extracted using a natural process involving both water and heat rather than chemicals -- this is good. But the fourth and final ingredient in Nectresse is molasses, which once again is a sugar that more than likely was derived from GM sugar beets -- producers that use sugar from sugar cane, after all, typically indicate this on their ingredient labels.

Nectresse, not so natural after all

So three out of the four ingredients used in Nectresse appear to be derived from bioengineered crops, and two of these ingredients are refined sugars. And since erythritol is a sugar alcohol, as well as the most abundant ingredient in Nectresse, McNeil can legally claim under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines that Nectresse contains zero calories per serving.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/036719_Splenda_Nectresse_ingredients.html#ixzz2MCnwEJrw

Yup thats why I put from Splenda (which is chemical YUCK). I tried the Nectresse and don't like it.

I like Truvia and Idea best. Stevia is my 3rd choice.

Leni

You can grow the stevia plant and use it to sweeten foods. Just for the heck of it I grew one last year. It is very very sweet.

Bells

I find stevia horrible. I bought some to try it and couldn't give it away.

Ideal and Truvia are just blends with tricky marketing techniques. Yuck to both.

I can live without all of them but I do keep some Splenda around for very occasional use and my friends prefer it.