TGIFriday 12/23/2011 What will be on the table today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have lots of things to do today including baking a cheesecake for christmas eve & christmas day (and maybe some cookies). I wasn't going to bake cookies but the girls requested choco chip cookies and I said I would try. So it may be eggs and bisuits or waffles or pasta.

What are your plans?

Moo shoo & won-ton soup. I have leftover roast chicken I may repurpose with stir-fry vegetables (asparagus, mushrooms, etc), moo shoo pancakes from the Asian market, & shrimp won-ton soup.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Broiled lobster tail and some kind of salad, thinking a marinated bean salad, but I'm still not sure on that yet.

Like everyone else here, I'm disappearing up my own backside with things to do. We were supposed to go to a big-screen viewing of "It's A Wonderful Life", but I'm battling a cold & just couldn't get into it. I'm lucky I got my Xmas grocery shopping done.

Since I still have a chunk of turkey ham left, along with sweet onions, red bell pepper, grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, etc., etc., I'm thinking I may just whip up a couple of Western/Spanish omelets for dinner tonight.

Nancy-MD

I made stuffed peppers tonight.

Attachments

• 12.23.11.jpg
    12.23.11.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 74

Embryodad

Everyones food and thoughts of food sounds great.

Nancy...nice stuffed peppers...

DW finished making the Slovak cookies.

Then she made the Sweet Bread. :wink:

She was at it all day. She's wasted, and in bed already.

b76d5101.jpg

ab19a83e.jpg

e5a0c7e4.jpg

14e3d9ca.jpg

94d1a3bd.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, we have those or similar! my Grandma & then Pap would make those- they were nut-horns & the ones similar to your pix- we'd slice 'em & they're so delicious! @ the hospital where my Mom works a lady sold them, she retired, tho, i think. :(

Embryodad

jimmy, we have those or similar! my Grandma & then Pap would make those- they were nut-horns & the ones similar to your pix- we'd slice 'em & they're so delicious! @ the hospital where my Mom works a lady sold them, she retired, tho, i think. :(
Yes... Nuts in those horns is the way Tinas Mom made them.
She would shell the fillberts ( the ones that look like little acorns) and with a knife, she would scrape and shred them fine fine fine. They get mixed with a mixture of sugar and egg whites frothed up, and then spread on the triangles to be rolled up into horns.

Because the kids don't like nuts.....DW makes them with apricot and raspberry filling. She makes some with the nuts...but she didn't this time. ? ?

I will be posting the recipe after I take all the scribble scrabble and condense it into a typed recipe.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made stuffed peppers tonight.
OH MAN Nan!! I am drooling at 7:37 AM over your dinner. YUMMMY

Nice cookies and brrad T!

I make a cookie called acorns. Got the recipe from my aunt years ago. She dipped some in caramel and chopped walnuts adn some in caramel and shredded coconut. I like the nut one better and only make the nut one. I love coconut but not on this cookie.

Everyones food ideas sound wonderful and I could really go for a western omelet right now.