Sunday 12/4/2011 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Pasta. I still have that broccoli to use. It will either be the side for tagliatelle with tomato sauce (leftover from the lasagna meal) or sauteed with garlic and olive oil.

Any plans?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Fried catfish and probably french fries - both done in the deep fryer...splurging tonight

Leni

It will be either a tri-tip if the Santa Annas aren't blowing or ham if they are. The weather reports say that it will be ham. I'd rather have grilled tri-tip.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

120411_tagliatelle_broccoli_aglio_olio.jpg

Embryodad

Tinababy cooked shells with kidney beans and onions.

Good...and the shells were hard and doughy. Not from under-cooking, but the brand. She boiled the heck out of them for like 40 minutes or more, and gave up and plated them. She knows not what brand.. she threw the cellophane bag out. She said it was a off brand she got at the dollar store. L O L

f9f89fc0.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tinababy cooked shells with kidney beans and onions.

Good...and the shells were hard and doughy. Not from under-cooking, but the brand. She boiled the heck out of them for like 40 minutes or more, and gave up and plated them. She knows not what brand.. she threw the cellophane bag out. She said it was a off brand she got at the dollar store. L O L

f9f89fc0.jpg
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Looks yummy Jimmy.

I can't believe that we ate out AGAIN for the 4th day in a row - lol!!

Spent the day buying our Christmas wreath, pine roping, & tree, so stopped at a Japanese place for a late sushi lunch/early sushi dinner.

The nice salmon filet I bought yesterday will have to wait for tomorrow night, but it's on ice, so should be just fine.

That's one of my favorite go-to dishes, especially during the Summer.

Going to make it again soon with sauteed yellow summer squash and/ or zukes.

summer squash.jpg

Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) over tagliatelle topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

120411_tagliatelle_broccoli_aglio_olio.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i got a hankering for waffles earlier, so i finally made those (buttermilk eggo's, w/ butter in each square & too much syrup, the way i like 'em). a tangerine that i have yet to peel, a few nuts, & i switched the milk 4 eggnog @ the last minute. i'll be hungry again in like an hour

Attachments

• IMG_1428458.jpg
    IMG_1428458.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 299

Embryodad

i got a hankering for waffles earlier, so i finally made those (buttermilk eggo's, w/ butter in each square & too much syrup, the way i like 'em). a tangerine that i have yet to peel, a few nuts, & i switched the milk 4 eggnog @ the last minute. i'll be hungry again in like an hour
OOoooo!!! Now I want Waffles. Maybe for breakfast tomorrow.?/?

I like lots and lots of butter first, and lots of syrup too.

DW likes Pure maple syrup, and just about pours a thin thin line on the waffle.
I don't like the pure. I like the Mrs. Butterworths or Log Cabin...but the best I like is Karo..Pancake and Waffle syrup.

There is one brand with a lion on it but i cannot remember the name or see it on the shelves?????????

Nancy-MD

Peep, the broccoli and pasta looks yummy.

Jimmy, that syrup with the lion is called King.

I didn't cook tonight, we ordered Chinese food.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep, the broccoli and pasta looks yummy.

Jimmy, that syrup with the lion is called King.

I didn't cook tonight, we ordered Chinese food.
Thank you Nan.

Simba just popped into my minds eye! LOL

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Another great dinner thread. We had leftover fired chicken wings, baked potatoes, broccoli and rolls. That's the same way I like my waffle luvs....lots a butter but I just like a little syrup. Jimmy, I think you are referring to King Syrup. Years ago it came in a can but I think it's in a glass bottle now. I think it's near the Karo syrup in the stores. Good stuff...not too sweet.

I've never had a tuna sub from subway LS but i hear they are pretty good.

Peepers....your dinner looks amazing as usual.

I've never heard of that dish before Jimmy....does it have a name? Looks yummy.

Leni, I've heard y'all have had considerable damage in places from those winds. I've been wondering how you, Guts, CaliforniaCook and some of the others from your area have fared.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thx, yinz 2! (& mama- i was typing when u posted)
peepz, glad u finally got to make your pasta- looks lovely.- i like californiacook's input on the summer squash in it, too. i think that's my fave veggie. (BTW, a chili cheese burger/fries, ummmm)
jimmy, i have this dean & deluca syrup & the tin rusted. i have yet to put it in the trash it- it's pretty (great justification to buy a food, huh, hehe!~) i'm determined to get the rust from it so i can put fake syrup in it. it's soooo old! i stick to butter-flavored pseudo-syrup & prefer it.
my Pap once tapped his own, boiled it & boiled it; i think that was the best syrup i've known!
your dinner, (despite your description of the pasta's refusal to be cooked) looked yummy- made me think u should make a soup if there were extras.
LS, yummy sammich. tuna salad- i haven't made that in ages. made me hungry! i haven't bought tuna in awhile- the kind in a pouch/canned- it's not the same as it used to be. time to give it another chance!

thx, yinz 2! (& mama- i was typing when u posted)
peepz, glad u finally got to make your pasta- looks lovely.- i like californiacook's input on the summer squash in it, too. i think that's my fave veggie. (BTW, a chili cheese burger/fries, ummmm)
jimmy, i have this dean & deluca syrup & the tin rusted. i have yet to put it in the trash it- it's pretty (great justification to buy a food, huh, hehe!~) i'm determined to get the rust from it so i can put fake syrup in it. it's soooo old! i stick to butter-flavored pseudo-syrup & prefer it.
my Pap once tapped his own, boiled it & boiled it; i think that was the best syrup i've known!
your dinner, (despite your description of the pasta's refusal to be cooked) looked yummy- made me think u should make a soup if there were extras.
LS, yummy sammich. tuna salad- i haven't made that in ages. made me hungry! i haven't bought tuna in awhile- the kind in a pouch/canned- it's not the same as it used to be. time to give it another chance!

Thanks, luvs. I've made pasta con Broccoli (my way) for years. Added a little lemon juice for a twist last time I made the dish:

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=243120&postcount=4

Yellow squash is great! Nuked it and added a little butter. Delish.

Is that vanilla egg nog I see? How did you like it?

Didn't go out yesterday - too many health problems are wearing me out/down.

Mama, we're on red flag warning - still windy, but grateful I haven't lost the power - yet.

Great dinners all.

I can't believe we ate out for the FOURTH day in a row!!! While shopping for our Christmas tree, wreath, & pine roping, stopped in at a sushi place.

Tonight I'll definitely be cooking - lol!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
californiacook, i'd like make a version of the pasta tonite. if not as a main course, as a sidedish. i have half a summer squash & half a zucchini.
(i haven't got a nuker- i'm stubborn. i simmer veggies. my Mom bought me one years ago & said, 'i already know you're not gonna like this.' she was correct. it was returned to the North Pole. & then there was the time my ex thought he was gonna bring 1 into my kitch.....)
that was vanilla milk in my pic- i switched it for nog though, after pix. luv the stuff.

so it sux u didn't get to 1 of the restaurants- there's other days! read the menu for the 1- the garlic steak would make me weak in the knees!

Leni

'Leni, I've heard y'all have had considerable damage in places from those winds. I've been wondering how you, Guts, CaliforniaCook and some of the others from your area have fared.'

We had a one day break and the winds are at it again. I lost power for about five minutes just as I was fixing dinner. No damage here so far except for plants being blown over. Guts is down towards San Diego and I haven't heard about any problems there. Right now we are under a red flag alert. The fire dept has deployed personnel and equipment to strategic places just in case. I have friends in the Pasadena area that have been without power since Wednesday evening. Everyone was supposed to get it back by this evening but with a new wind storm, who knows.

Last edited: