Irish Lamb Stew

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think I may have gotten this recipe from someone here, but I forgot to add the username next to the recipe. If so, please raise your hand!

I made this again tonight, since it's such a winner, and because it's almost St. Pat's Day and because I got some cheap lamb steaks. Oh, yeah, and it's stupid-easy, too!

I edited the recipe a bit.

Irish Lamb Stew (crockpot)

5 cups chicken broth
5 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 leeks, white part sliced (or one large onion)
4 cloves chopped garlic
4 shallots
2 large potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
3 lbs lamb neck pieces or shoulder chops or lamb steaks
1 pkg frozen peas
salt
pepper
garlic powder
pinch of fresh rosemary

Put all the fresh vegetables in the crockpot and place the lamb on top of the vegetables.

Pour the chicken stock over all. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder. Sprinkle just a pinch of fresh minced rosemary on top.

Cook on HIGH for about 4 hours or LOW for about 8 hours. Add frozen peas for last 30 minutes.

Serve with crusty bread.

Attachments

• Lamb Stew, Irish.JPG
    Lamb Stew, Irish.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,002
Last edited:

Deelady

Oh man that look SOOOOOOOOO good!!! You have inspired me my dear with that pic!! Karma comming your way!!! :D

Deelady

QSIS!! I was just lookking through your pics!!! What is this??? and where is the recipe??????????????? Sorry if you didnt want this pic up please let me know if you want it off....
scaled.php

buckytom

Grill Master
mav, i think you've eaten too many mushrooms. :D

what, did they give birth to the smaller shrooms in the smoker?

qsis, that stew looks teeeriffic! good color, nice hunks of lamb. :a1:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
This sounds incredible! I wonder if I could sneak it past DW....she usually won't eat lamb (too cute).

lilylove

Looks like a winner! All I have is ground lamb in the freezer but I'm stopping at safeway while I'm out tomorrow.. gonna look for some lamb steaks!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
If there ever was any doubt that you eat first with your eyes, that pic will put TBay to rest.

Looks great Lee. I am fling St. Patties day this weekend and I was considering a side in cass anyone didn't want brisket. I think I just found it.
Andy C

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the nice words about the lamb stew, everyone!

Dee, the photo you posted was part of a series I posted on DC when I made Ask A Butcher's Grilled/Smoked Chili. Because I am "One of the Banned", the mods removed my photos from the post, but left AAB's recipe.

I PM'd the recipe to you, since evidently, we're not supposed to post other DC members' recipes here.

I can, however, post the pictures of when I made it. I'll do that in a separate thread.

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made this again this week with some cheap lamb stew meat. GREAT!

But this time, instead of potatoes, I boiled up some fresh gnocchi and put some in the bowls, then ladeled the stew over it.

I much prefer the gnocchi to potatoes in this! So, I guess it's an Irish-Italian Lamb Stew!

Lee

Attachments

• Lamb stew with gnocchi.JPG
    Lamb stew with gnocchi.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 956

thegrindre

It looks good, Lee. Although I haven't been able to get my head around lamb.
My mother loved it so I had to eat it as a kid but never liked it.