deep fried macaroni & cheese

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the first time i had these was in Eagle River,WI at a place called Scoobies North... i think.( i had lots to drink that night..lol)

the originals were pretty tasty but of course i had to put my own spin on it...

make your favorite mac and cheese the night before you are going to do this. put it into a round pan. place in fridge overnight to firm up

the next day....

cut your mac and cheese into pie shaped pieces

now its time to batter them

ingredients:

seasoned bread crumbs (i add a little cayenne to it) or panko crumbs
seasoned flour
egg wash ( i add habanero hot sauce to it..)

roll your mac pieces in flour, then egg wash, then in bread crumbs.. shake off excess and deep fried until golden brown at 350*F oil temp.

these can be frozen prior to deep frying them. they freeze well

2213274513_1788bf22aa.jpg

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
Another way that you can do it.
Cook as on package, just like yours. Put in frig for a couple of hours to firm it up. Now spoon out bite size pieces to a plate or whatever. Now put back in the frig over night and do the same as your instructions. The only difference is that it's in bite sized pieces.:mrgreen:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
LOL someone around here is doing that now too... I haven't tried em yet but I am gonna try this one! Has anyone tried the broccoli and cheese bites? I would love to know how to do that.. my cheese is always too runny to make em into balls... or too hard and they just fall apart.

Love2"Q"

cheesecake factory ,makes these ... i have not tried them ..
but i am putting it on the to do list ..

homecook

LOL someone around here is doing that now too... I haven't tried em yet but I am gonna try this one! Has anyone tried the broccoli and cheese bites? I would love to know how to do that.. my cheese is always too runny to make em into balls... or too hard and they just fall apart.

Mav, if you're talking about the recipe I posted awhile ago, if you mix all the ingredients together, make the balls and refrigerate or freeze it's very easy. I use the shredded cheese in the bags and it doesn't get runny at all. Give it a try!

Barb

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Mav, if you're talking about the recipe I posted awhile ago, if you mix all the ingredients together, make the balls and refrigerate or freeze it's very easy. I use the shredded cheese in the bags and it doesn't get runny at all. Give it a try!

Barb

Oh, I gotta go look that up! I bet I responded to it even LOL. Oh me and my poor memory.

Abby

More coffee please
Super Site Supporter
Did someone say Deep Fried!???? People are deep frying everything these days. What's the most unusual food you've had that was deep fried? Anyone?

smoke king

Banned
Did someone say Deep Fried!???? People are deep frying everything these days. What's the most unusual food you've had that was deep fried? Anyone?

I had a piece of Deep fried cheesecake at the Main Street station in Las Vegas. No doubt very bad for you, but it was very very good!!

Oh I almost forgot, that sounds good Jeff-gotta give that a try!!

Last edited:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I had a piece of Deep fried cheesecake at the Main Street station in Las Vegas. No doubt very bad for you, but it was very very good!!

Oh I almost forgot, that sounds good Jeff-gotta give that a try!!

i have also partaken in the joy of deep fried cheesecake..lol

mine was at the state fair of texas

Deelady

I've never had deep fried Macand cheese but the weirdest I have had was deep fried oreos and deep fried twinkies.....oh and deep fried snickers bars! All were delish the oreos were my fav tasted like chocolate doughnuts! But definately a once a year (if that) eats......very baaaaaad for the diet!! ;)

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
the deep fried oreo 's are oreos dipped in funnel cake mix...doereo's..... they take 2 oreos, separate them, now take the two with the white filling and squish back together. dip...fry...sprinkle with icing sugar

I've never had deep fried Macand cheese but the weirdest I have had was deep fried oreos and deep fried twinkies.....oh and deep fried snickers bars! All were delish the oreos were my fav tasted like chocolate doughnuts! But definately a once a year (if that) eats......very baaaaaad for the diet!! ;)

Last edited: