Crusted Cod Loins

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
This recipe works well for frozen and fresh fish. I typically would not use this for fresh fish, but that is just me! This recipe works well for many flaky white fish like halibut.

Make sure to make extra crispies, that is the best part of the recipe. I also cook this in a toaster oven, so results may vary if you use a regular oven.

2 cod loins thawed (make sure to press them with paper towels to get out as much moisture as possible)

For the slather - I make extra of this and store in fridge for future use.

2 T mayo
1 t dijon mustard
1/2 small lemon juiced and zested
1/4 t smoked paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste
1 1/2 t of chopped fresh dill or 1/2 t of dried

Stir mixture to combine and set aside.

For the coating

Bread crumbs - use as much or as little as you like. I use around a half cup for two loins
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
2 T melted butter

Method:

Place cod on lightly greased pan with about 1" space in between each loin. Put 1 T of the slather mixture on each cod and spread evenly over the loin until covered. I use a knife to spread it evenly. You don't want to skimp here, be liberal with the slather! Now sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of each loin and press them into the slather. Make sure to get the crumbs on the side of the loins as well. Sprinkle extra crumbs in between the loins and around them. That is where your crispies come from. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top of each loin. Drizzle with butter, making sure some of the butter gets around the loins.

Bake in preheated oven at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes until nice a toasted!

Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Sattie's cod.jpg
    Sattie's cod.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Sattie. Awesome. It's like you read my mind. I've been hoping for a recipe along this line. It's great to have you back here again. :tiphat: :clap: :clap:

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Thank you Doc!

I'll add pics the next time I'm making these to help demonstrate. Plus you can have fun using different spices in the slather and even add some dried herbs to the bread crumbs.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for posting that wonderful-looking recipe, Sattie!

I took the liberty of posting the photo you had in another thread, that really piqued my interest in the dish.

Lee