What's a store ( near you) that you enjoy buying your cooking gadgets in ??

Here on long island, I like going out east to Le Gourmet Chef, which has a lot of gadgets, but I think my favorite is when I visit Philly, I like to go to Fantes in the Italian market. So many things to choose from ( pots, pans, bakeware, gadgets, cutting boards...)

Im just curious what everyone else has in their neck of the woods. Just in case im in your area, I love to stop into these stores and check them out.

larry

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Sur La Table here in Naples. It's a chain store but is very well equipped. There is also a competing independent store but I can't think of the name. It's just as good though.

PanchoHambre

Ahhh Fante's:wub:

Mostly I am a thrift/fleamarket shopper though.... I have all sorts of crap.. sometimes it just gets re-donated LOL (anyone want a pasta machine or a Cuisinart blender/FP they are going in the pile).... some real prizes too though.

In NYC it was Broadway Panhandler (but we got everything for free or on steep discount) not the same store since it moved but they still have great stuff even though my connection is lost .... or for anything Asian Pearl River on Broadway or local shops in QNS

ill be making my annual Fantes shopping spree sometime over the next month. 2 years ago got myself a couscousiere, last year some cutting boars. Not sure what ill get this year, but im looking foward to it.

PanchoHambre

Larry.... you gotta eat while your in Philly too Ill give you some recs... gotta ask my brother's GF where the veggie cheese steak she loved came from.

Larry.... you gotta eat while your in Philly too Ill give you some recs... gotta ask my brother's GF where the veggie cheese steak she loved came from.

definitely hook me up. Not sure on the exact when/ where, but im down there at least 2 times a year. usually to hit the flower show, a museum, grab some soft pretzels from the center city pretzel factory, the italian market, and Fantes, of course, to add to my collection of kitchen crap.

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
BBB... I usually end up there because I can use all those 20% off coupons they send me. Plus I can return anything at anytime... even if I don't have the receipt. There is a local resturaunt supply store I need to visit, I know I would find some cool stuff there!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
BBB here as well, those coupons come in handy and a lot of thier stuff there is very nice, about middle of the road to higher end at good prices. I also like that they prefer and will advise you to buy knives separately based on need and buy the block to hold em separately. IE openly telling you the block sets are not worth the money.
I like honesty.
Outside of that, ebay, garage sales, thrift stores...